1-3 month Bushcraft/Green Woodworking 'retreat'?

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
This may be an unorthodox post, but I thought it may give me some interesting leads.

I can get into details at a later date, and if there are any responses. Basically I am seeking a 1-3 month 'retreat' where I can work in return for food/accommodation (and perhaps training of some sort)...part of the place I am looking for is a place where I might get some erm, spiritual and emotional support/guidance to help me 'sort my life out'. I'm not religeous, so religeous retreats are not on the cards, per se. But I suppose places who offer retreats are often religeous, so I'm open to suggestion.
I don't have a passport, don't have a car and I have very little money but I am resourceful, hard working, personable, flexible and fit. I think anywhere in the UK would be suitable; no matter how attractive international opportunities are, this is something (regarding skill sets) that would be suited to the UK best.

I would dearly love to gain more knowledge on green-woodworking (anything from spoons to greenwood framed buildings) and bushcraft (everything from scouting to full on wilderness) etc. So If I can work the green woodworking/bushcraft in with the retreat then that would be ideal.

A breif outline of my skills: 11 years self-employed formal gardening large properties (everything from nursery to woodlands), basic wild food & fungi knowledge, outlined joinery, carpentry & decorating experience. I have lots of other experience and skill sets that may well transfer easily. More details on request.

I do have posts on http://www.diggersanddreamers.org.uk but I am not registered on WWOOF due to being unable to afford the signup fee. I also have had a good search for similar websites, which are turning up a few possibilities, but in posting here, I hope to broaden my scope and find places that are not on the various websites like WWOOF, D&D and others.

If there is anyone reading this that may want to give advice, suggest places/people, or even just join in the chat, then you're all welcome to comment.

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.