£5 canoe at B&Q

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PatrickM

Nomad
Sep 7, 2005
Glasgow
www.backwoodsurvival.co.uk
A simple £5 tarp and some hazel can be transformed into a canoe. This one enabled me to paddle across a 3 mile
stretch of water with a total weight of 150Kg. Apologies for the poor photo quality, the camera was on the wrong setting :eek:

5canoe.jpg

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Once again, that's a nice bit of work! :)

Although it's got a bit too much rocker if you ask me... ;) :D

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i would love to give this a go as i really want a canoe but they are too much money
hows about a tutorial
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've seen a coracle done before but never an actual canoe. This could be built using the tarps most of us already own. I am gonna give this a go some time, it may be a bit difficult to figure out how to do it by myself, but if someone where to do a tutorial.........

That's two begging posts now from me Patrick, how many more will it take?!! :D

Mike B

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2006
Wakefield West Yorks
Looks a fantastic job mate n I've got to go with the others and say how about a tutorial,mind you if er indoors were to see it I would no longer be able to justify the ones I've got. Mike B...

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
What a fantastic project! It's a canoe shaped coracle. (A Canoracle? :) )

Whenever I see anything that floats made from a tarp or similar I'm reminded of the time I saw a group of Gurkhas drive an open backed long wheelbase Landy onto a tarp at the edge of a lake in Wales. They bailed out what water had got between the tarp and the Landy, tied the tarp up around the vehicle, climbed aboard and proceeded to paddle it off into the distance!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE