£41 pencil???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
Perhaps they didn't read the kit list properly which requires a notebook and pencil! Hmmmm :bluThinki I am on a weekend course with Woodlore next month, wonder if I forget my pencil ...... :lmao:

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Some-one wanted to know why e-bay is sometimes referred to as "Evil Bay" on here. Well this pencil auction should answer their question......

That said, people are bidding on it without a gun being held to their heads.......One can only wonder. :D

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Dunelm said:
The same seller has a signed photo of Bonnie Langford for only £1.99. Result!
Whoooooaaaa!!!! Bonny Langford I'm bidding..............she's a babe :eek: :confused: :( :eek: !!!!!!! £41 for a chuffing pencil...........Quite ridiculous and extremely sad. :confused: :confused: :confused:

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
It's been sold now for £46 + £2.50 postage, if anyone out there feels they've missed out on a great oportunity, I've just found a box of HB's in our office administrators cupboard, not signed but i could scratch a name in them i suppose? :lmao: :lmao:

How mad are people on ebay?

Butternut

May 11, 2005
The Hinterland (Surrey!)
A pencil for £46 is crazy - but I must admit I don't really get the whole collecting thing. I once sold a very smelly prog rock record (that I was given) to a collector for £500. I asked if it was really that good and his reply was "No, it's rubbish, but extremely rare." Mind you, I could have bought 250 Bonnie Langford pictures with the proceeds... :confused:

Oct 16, 2003
Surrey
I've got a slight confession to make. I was curious to see how far someone would go for a pencil and I bumped the bidding up a bit. I nearly got caught out, as I went over the then-highest bid at one point. This was purely an exercise in human nature and thank God I was right, otherwise I would have been lumbered with a 25p HB pencil for £40!

I promise I've never done this before and I won't again, but I couldn't resist.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Andrew, I'm not being mean but....I so wish you had won it :)...question is, would you have "fessed up" ? I guess you would since you were brave enough to admit the bid!

I have a vision of three different people all sat around each "testing" the others - kind of like E-bay Russian Roulette :D

Red

Oct 16, 2003
Surrey
Red,

I knew I was running a risk, and since I've never been smart enough to use a pseudonym I'm sure you guys would have worked it out anyway. I really won't do it again, as it would have served me right it I had to stump up for it, and I don't mind admitting that I was worried for a couple of hours.

Andrew

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Andrew,

I must confessed that I've had to fight the impulse myself on a few occasions - kind of "lets see just how nuts you really are..."

Its only the fear of getting caught thats kept me from trying

Beware the voices :)

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE