Search results

  • Hey Guest, We've had to cancel our 2020 Summer BushMoot PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information.
  1. Gray

    Olight torches, headlamps etc

    We've had some olight products in for review recently, i have to say there right up there, superb quality. I have a discount code... GD10.. gets 10% off for anyone who can use it.
  2. Gray

    Brilliant bushcraft knife.

    Yep, it does look a bit Nessie shaped. That was my first thought too. I love the Nessmuk though, I use one as my main knife.
  3. Gray

    Exped downmat 9

    It is delamination but I've had the mat about 7 years and you only get a 5 year warranty. I'm not complainig about it, the mats been fantastic and i would buy another but cant afford one. I'll try looking for a 2nd hand one and start saving, thanks a lot for the advice.
  4. Gray

    Exped downmat 9

    Thanks Toddy, its a huge big lump which makes the mat unusable. They are so expensive and I just can't afford to get a new one. I love the warmth it provides in the winter and I'm hoping to be able to kind of rescue it.
  5. Gray

    Exped downmat 9

    Hi, does anyone have any experience with the downmat 9. Mine has developed a big air bubble in it which apparently is not repairable. So, if I where to cut one end open and insert a cheap self inflating mat, would the downmat still insulate me from the ground. Thoughts please guys and girls...
  6. Gray

    Playing with patina

    Tomato ketchup
  7. Gray

    Playing with patina

    Had a little play with a patina on a cheap mora.
  8. Gray

    New here

    Hiya pal, fancy seeing you hrre lol
  9. Gray


  10. Gray

    Does such a thing exist....

    Guys, i need a - 10 c comfort sleeping bag, which will easily accommodate a short fat fella, which packs down to about 2foot x 1 foot and has a dedicated bivvy bag that either press studs or zips on. Side or Central opening, for £200. Does it exist. Army arctic bag with modded bivvy bag i hear...
  11. Gray

    British Army Modular Sleeping Bag!

    I've recently invested in a wiggy's system. Its the ultralight mummy bag and an overbag. Firstly, its far from ultra light and needs a 50 liter pack just for the sleeping bags. I've tried stuffing it into a 30 litre and theres ni chance. Although its lovely and warm in extreme temps and all zips...
  12. Gray

    My new Nessie

    Janne, your info is perfectly correct and the Nessmuk may well excel in the kitchen and on the butchers table. Having borrowed a friends a while back, i just found it to be a good all rounder and enjoyed using it. I'm sure you know the original nessmuk had a thin blade, mine has a thick ish...
  13. Gray

    My new Nessie

    Tut tut, do i detect a hint of sarcasm Janne lol
  14. Gray

    My new Nessie

    Hi guys n girls. I've been after a Nessie for a while now so bit the bullet and had one made in RWL34 What do you think.
  15. Gray

    UK Northern Adventures - Giants Seat

    No worries old friend, theres gonna be more, very soon.... Lots more
  16. Gray

    UK Northern Adventures - Giants Seat

    Alex I have organised a October group meet. This is for all members, This will be our first group meet and it would be nice to see a lot of members. Its at Giant's Seat Scout camp on Friday 12th October at 1600 hrs to Sunday 14th October at 1400 hrs Location: Giants Seat is located off Ringley...
  17. Gray

    Does anyone have experience with this stove?

    I've had one for quire some years now, its my winter stove. Absolutely awesome bit of kit for the money. They've started selling spares for them now on aliexpress, i've recently bought some spare jets and a new tube.
  18. Gray

    Trangia question

    Maybe some kind of coating burning off. I dont normally get much in the way of sooting from trangias. The alcohol you say is 90%, whats the other 10%. It could be that.
  19. Gray

    Best Mossie Repelant for Jungle trip

    plus 1, 95 to 100% deet. Also a good tip is vitamin B, buy some and make sure your levels are up. Mozzies hate it, trust me
  20. Gray

    opinel retailers

    i got one recently from go outdoors