• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Beer Monster
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Don’t worry about over packing. Max will take your kit to and from the site to the car park in the vehicle. Be prepared for a steep climb to get to the site. It’s not rushed and there’s some nice views on the way.

I’m afraid I can’t make this course so we won’t meet on this occasion but I hope you enjoy it.

Any more questions don’t hesitate to contact me.

All the best,

Pablo
    woodlife.co.uk
    Woodlife Trails

Sorry in 3 parts. Your email address pinged back undeliverable.
    It’s usually damp and chilly there whatever the season, so bring appropriate clothes for that. It usually rains. I would bring a small day bag for toting your essentials about during the day. I would take a sit mat as well. There’s a bit of sitting about on logs in the classroom area and sit spots. If it’s wet you’ll soon get a damp ****. No problem with a folding stool or chair for the evenings sitting around the fire. A torch with a red or green filter is essential as white light is frowned upon. No need for an axe, but a knife is handy for making your tracking stick.

Other kit: bring a cyalume stick and a whistle for emergencies; a micro light or other illumination may be handy to locate your tent (if there’s no moon it’s pitch black) snacks for the trail; note book.
    Hi Calum,

The course takes place at the top of some waterfalls in what is mainly a coniferous area. It’s quite steep and closed-in and not a lot of flat space for tents although there is some available. If you’re used to hammocking then that might be a better option. This is what I do.

Most people bring boil in a bag meals as there isn’t a great deal of time for cooking meals. I would bring your own gas or meths stove as the main fire can get a bit crowded. Bottled drinking water is supplied - But not enough for washing. There’s a small leat nearby which provides washing water. I always bring an extra 4 litres of water in a bladder or water container.

The ablutions are a brief walk with a spade (provided). There’s usually enough hand gel and toilet paper to go round.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…