MOD Land access

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Planning some more blogging; got distracted by a lot of late.

I found there was one of the original OS baselines near Salisbury; so, one of my old favorites, MAPS.

But one end is on Beacon Hill; MOD land.

How do I access it?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
If there is no public right of way, the same way as you access any private land. You find out manages it and ask permission. So, in this case, you'll have to contact the office responsible for the management of that land.

Do you mean Boscombe Down MOD land? In which case it's an RAF base and I doubt you'll get on it but I could be wrong.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
OK, at the point where the public path enters the MOD land there will be a notice that tells you what access rights you have. There may be days when it is open and days when there is no public access. If there is general open access except on specific closed days, I would be happy walking straight up to that trig point.

You can have a look here:

There is a presumption of the public having access to MOD land subject to the dangers and sensitivities of the particular site.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE