Trangia Triangle - Value?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

VanDeRooster

Jan 14, 2014
Norwich, UK.
Whilst continuing to go through my kit cupboard looking for things to rehomw I discovered that as well as a Trangia 28 I also have another Trangia Triangle & Burner that I have no memory of buying! I must have used it at some point as the metal has heat discolouration.

What would be a fair price including the burner? Are they still sought after?

Attachments

• C8B35191-4643-4F42-8B4A-C30FB537B3C6.jpeg
    C8B35191-4643-4F42-8B4A-C30FB537B3C6.jpeg
    417.4 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Brizzlebush

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I picked one up on ebay for a £5 this year, but very well used. Should be worth between £10 to £15?

Last edited:

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
Triangles have been going for fairly silly money recently. An eBay search for sold items shows £40+ being common for used examples even without a burner.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Brizzlebush

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Triangles have been going for fairly silly money recently. An eBay search for sold items shows £40+ being common for used examples even without a burner.
Yeah, the prices are ridiculous at the mo, I assume it's because Trangia seem to have stopped making them. I've no idea why they've stopped making them though as they're an awesome little stove. Maybe they have a new product in the pipeline?

PS: The triangle doesn't come with a burner, it's just the pot stand that you buy.

To that end, the OP could command a higher price than was first suggested (just sayin'!)

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Yeah, the prices are ridiculous at the mo, I assume it's because Trangia seem to have stopped making them. I've no idea why they've stopped making them though as they're an awesome little stove. Maybe they have a new product in the pipeline?

PS: The triangle doesn't come with a burner, it's just the pot stand that you buy.

To that end, the OP could command a higher price than was first suggested (just sayin'!)
That's crazy, mine cost next to nothing used but complete....that was only a few months ago....and on evilbay

Maybe mine is a fake....?

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
It may have changed after 15 odd years but the guy only charged me for the actual weight ( very little ) when I got the steel and then Ti versions, and very fast service. Mind they slipped past Customs so I didn't get hit for duty etc.

There's probably Chinese versions now.

Atb

Tom

Reactions: billycoen

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
I have far too many stoves, but this is one I carry more than most.
Ideal as a lightweight or second stove option.
Preper..... :)

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
There's some alternatives out there.

If I didn't have Clickstands the first one looks quite good, The seconds over priced IMHO and the last wouldn't be much cop in the wind.

ATB

Tom

billycoen

Settler
Jan 26, 2021
north wales
I found an Alocs stove with "windshield" come holder.Tried it out this afternoon,it was a bit breezy but it managed to boil some water,enough for a cuppa.Don't know if i use it again,the simmer ring is a bit better than the Trangia one,so i can swap it over.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE