Made a camp chair stand

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Yesterday I knocked up a support for my camping chair to stop it sinking, I've been using tennis balls on the feet since I first bought the chair a couple of years ago., They work great, but I want the space the 4 balls take up in my pack.

I made it out of some 600D canvas I had. No measuring, I just marked where the feet sit, drew a square and cut around it with enough to sew a hem.

iUuIPSd.jpg

That's the under side, you can see the diagonal where I sewed and glued on a piece to reinforce it.

2dar1iN.jpg

The top half, I sewed triangles for the legs to grip onto in each corner.

Yes I know my little cheap sewing machines tension was miles off, it was set to much thinner material, doesn't really matter as this will take a beating anyway.

hCyZche.jpg

Holds it tightly. I'm happy with it, it'll also easily fit in the bag with the chair, the balls wouldn't.

But today I saw I had enough off cuts of some 4oz a yard ripstop to try it out of that, so basically made the same thing again. Interesting if its strong enough.

cGv5iOW.jpg

azmqKNs.jpg

I used the button stitch to do a strong zig-zag stitch on each corner for extra strength as the 3 settings of zig-zags my machine has aren't as tight as the button setting.

ZXYxPQl.jpg

Rolls down to nothing too!

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Update, Ive taken it on 3 camps since I made it. Its holding up and looks unused still.

H8LlSCn.jpg

iAzpiYM.jpg

xNi9q5p.jpg

Loving the 2021 Lanshan 2!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
That was my first thought as well = a nice clean and dry place to put things that need to be kept clean and dry. I need one of those. The Fraser River valley bottom here is just about nothing but wet clay under a layer of pine needles.

Reactions: Amon81 and MrEd

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
The oex brand make these for their chairs, with webbing on the corners.
I have been meaning to make one for my other chair for ages.

Reactions: Amon81

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE