What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
Bought a second OneTigris Canteen Pouch, a very adjustable water bottle holder which is pretty much some MOLLE attachments fixed to a gigantic Velcro wrap. I'd been after this model particularly because finding something to fit the Nalgene Oasis canteens I like isn't easy: they're practically identical to the US army canteen but the options I've found weren't suitable for my needs. Unfortunately the OneTigris pouch seemed to be ridiculously pricey to get in the UK until I found it on AliExpress.

It's a pretty solid design, highly adjustable to fit most canteens and bottles

Last edited:
Reactions: nigelp

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
If you buy one 'unit' you actually get Two torches.

OK, I really like the flexibility of mounting and the design - but - 2 x 2032 batteries will only give you 0.36Ah and at 3v that's about an hour into a 1w LED - Have I got something wrong? My point being, you couldn't really use it as a bike light or a head torch.

Sorry, not trying to be negative, I was really excited by the look.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
OK, I really like the flexibility of mounting and the design - but - 2 x 2032 batteries will only give you 0.36Ah and at 3v that's about an hour into a 1w LED - Have I got something wrong? My point being, you couldn't really use it as a bike light or a head torch.

"The 60 lumen output is about right for creating contrast and shadows across a footprint without totally destroying any adaptive night vision, and is also the right output for quietly searching through pouches or kitbags in a vehicle without disturbing others. The manufacturer claims a runtime of 8-10 hours, but I haven’t reached that limit yet."

Dunno.... Just quoting.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk

"The 60 lumen output is about right for creating contrast and shadows across a footprint without totally destroying any adaptive night vision, and is also the right output for quietly searching through pouches or kitbags in a vehicle without disturbing others. The manufacturer claims a runtime of 8-10 hours, but I haven’t reached that limit yet."

Dunno.... Just quoting.

LOL, let me know when you've tried it please :)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

4 Mins 20 sec in - another 8-10 hours.
Not saying your maths is incorrect.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Mmm... I would like to be proven wrong, and maybe I've missed something, but:

W = V x A (watts, volts, amps)

2032 = around 180mAh, 2 batteries = 360mAh (0.36Ah) (some makes of CR2032 give up to 240mAh - so a little more power)

At 3v that equals 1.08wh

Ignoring efficiencies, 60 lumens = 0.7watts (approx, typically the light emitted from a 1w LED)

So, max duration will be 1.08/0.7 = 1.54 hours :(

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
20210929_102552.jpg

From fogstar UK, 18650 batteries to go with the sofirn headlight and a single charger. They are 3500mah so should be better than the stock one hopefully, and a mate has ordered the headlight too so he's gonna have my spare stock battery. Oh and got a couple of these cool little plastic cases that were 30p each.

Reactions: Nice65 and TeeDee

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I do :)

Techinically I ordered one last week but it arrived today. Good first impressions, it's a nice solid item just have to gave a play around with it when it gets dark tonight :)

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
£20....

Pre drilled Peace Pipe Head.

pp1.jpg

pp2.jpg

Reactions: Broch

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Techinically I ordered one last week but it arrived today. Good first impressions, it's a nice solid item just have to gave a play around with it when it gets dark tonight :)

Been farting around in the camper today fitting a storage cupboard in the space where the useless microwave oven was put by its previous owner and checking Jubilee clips and cabling before I made the base semi-permanent. Nice not to have that white light bounce back and be able to see properly. Single battery, super simple.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I do :)

While you‘re on, check the BLF (BudgetLightForums) LT1 lantern. Really decent battery lantern designed by absolute nitpicking torch aficionados. We use one in the campervan, and as bedside lamps at home, can even adjust the cool white to warm white.

This IS very good by the way. Going to work out a way to put a green filter on it but an excellent bit of kit.

Thank you for the link.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Four new things in one photo.
Helikon Bergen, the moral patch on it, camo cover for it (Concamo) and an orange raincover for it.

Camo cover is not rainproof. So for rainy days there are two options.
#1. Orange raincover on if I want to be easily spotted.
#2. Orange raincover on and on top of that the camo cover if wanted to be stealthy.

Reactions: Billy-o

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Two of these in Black - on in XL , one in XXL because i'm unsure of the fit and one will be getting sent back for a refund.

Significant investment.

Reactions: Wandering Fred

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE