Ray mears or ed stafford?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster
I think in essence that is maybe Wanders point - they are both unique and very knowledgeable in different ways - so why then try to discuss " who do u rate the highest? "
it's just a healthy debate I think ed is better suited to bring thrown in the wild with nothing though

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I wouldn’t bet on it. Ed knows how to survive and do that very well. . Ray knows how to survive, thrive and make life quite comfortable. He’s devoted his entire life to the study of the subject on all continents. Whilst Ed is more of an adventurer type, that’s gained knowledge through his expeditions and wanting to push himself to his limits. I like them both for different reasons.

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster
I think a lot depends on the Camera Team following them. They all have their own way and their own talents, but lets face it there are plenty of good Bushcraft People on You Tube, and some of them make remarkable programmes, some are called for their greatness, others are great but never called.
Craig fordham needs more recognition he's awesome at friction fires bushcraft think he owns Black wolf survival

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
John Colter orJim Bridger, who's the greatest?

These questions have probably been asked further back than when these two were living well in the wilderness. I still reckon there's nothing conclusive yet with this choice but I doubt people will be asking this about Stafford and Mears 200 years later. Indeed I hope not.

Isn't it just like asking what colour is best when the answer is that it's up to you since its personal preference. Chanterelle or Morel? Apple or pear? Liverpool or Manchester? Unless someone comes up with am algorithm we can all agree on of course.

Entertainment it's bear or Ed. Ray is not entertainment but more like school with a bit of preaching.

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster
John Colter orJim Bridger, who's the greatest?

These questions have probably been asked further back than when these two were living well in the wilderness. I still reckon there's nothing conclusive yet with this choice but I doubt people will be asking this about Stafford and Mears 200 years later. Indeed I hope not.

Isn't it just like asking what colour is best when the answer is that it's up to you since its personal preference. Chanterelle or Morel? Apple or pear? Liverpool or Manchester? Unless someone comes up with am algorithm we can all agree on of course.

Entertainment it's bear or Ed. Ray is not entertainment but more like school with a bit of preaching.
Manchester all the way buddy

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
I don’t know who any of these people are. So Ray is still the best :35:
Dave Canterbury, he has loads of videos on Youtube, books and "Pathfinder" branded products. His older videos are good but over the last 18 months or so it's become more product review heavy and him kitting out his 4x4.

FWIW I like Alan Kay, more for his personality than bushcrafting, but there's not a whole lot of videos of him about.

Reactions: Smudge

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE