expedition pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
I took the plunge on doing a new pack for my next adventure whenever we are allowed to venture out, I liked the kifaru style and based it on the fulkrum, regards wayne
TlGUK80.jpg

SQZCzy1.jpg

2Ia5HGE.jpg

mwSwrjG.jpg

3aJ5Que.jpg

nCi4rYU.jpg

k7N3bUI.jpg

Reactions: Stanic

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
Wow that’s quite some skill you have there!
Thanks the machine is great makes me look good, it's an old singer industrial from the 50's, she's a bit loud, I just bought an older pfaff with a servo and its sooo quite so I don't have to keep messing with tensions and different threads i now have two set up, I am really enjoying it, makes a huge change from welding lol.

Reactions: MrEd

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
Wow. I had a Fulcrum but it was huge even when compressed. Lovely job though.
The beauty of this I can make a smaller version now as a day pack, the material is so light but very strong so this will get me all my gear abroad then detach for a smaller version with meat carrier,regards wayne

Reactions: SCOMAN

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
The beauty of this I can make a smaller version now as a day pack, the material is so light but very strong so this will get me all my gear abroad then detach for a smaller version with meat carrier,regards wayne
I loved the idea but Fulcrum was huge. A daysack with the appropriate scaling would be interesting. Keep the pattern. Where did you get the fabric?

Reactions: mereside

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
I loved the idea but Fulcrum was huge. A daysack with the appropriate scaling would be interesting. Keep the pattern. Where did you get the fabric?
Ripstop by the roll in the US great company to deal with and fast delivery I bought enough for a hammock and other bits and bobs it's 2.2oz hex70. what I find with commercial packs is the weight empty I wanted something that would hold up to large weight but as light as possible the whole pack weighs in at 4.2 lb

Last edited:
Reactions: SCOMAN

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
The plan is to make a meat shelf and water bladder pouch in one with maybe the vertical pods and that will be enough for my hunting needs from a base camp.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE