What's on your wish list?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Hello guys and gals.
What's on your wish list? What are you researching before going to sleep? What would you order if you have won the lottery? What kit you are thinking about trying? Big or small, obscure or common.
I would love a Breitling Emergency watch (built in satellite emergency beacon) but it's around £18 000...

Reactions: Erbswurst

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
What's on my wish list?
I wish covid wasn't happening!
I wish I could see my friends again.!

Apart from that, I could happily wish for a titanium winnerall stove, and a decent canvas hot tent and a comfy fishing cot to sleep on.
Oh, and a car and driver to transport me to wherever I wish to camp!

I have most of the small stuff I need, so, apart from that,and a bit of woodland with a nice clean stream running through it, and a log cabin...
I'm not wishing for much. :)

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
What's on my wish list?
I wish covid wasn't happening!
I wish I could see my friends again.!

Apart from that, I could happily wish for a titanium winnerall stove, and a decent canvas hot tent and a comfy fishing cot to sleep on.
Oh, and a car and driver to transport me to wherever I wish to camp!

I have most of the small stuff I need, so, apart from that,and a bit of woodland with a nice clean stream running through it, and a log cabin...
I'm not wishing for much. :)
Googled that stove, really nice, good weight, stinging price (almost £500)..

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Hello guys and gals.
What's on your wish list? What are you researching before going to sleep? What would you order if you have won the lottery? What kit you are thinking about trying? Big or small, obscure or common.
I would love a Breitling Emergency watch (built in satellite emergency beacon) but it's around £18 000...

Big Monster, where are those green plastic cups from?
On my wish list is a Snowsled Classic or Survival Aids Ventile smock - sadly neither are made anymore so it might be a long wait until one appears on eBay!

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
Now I have recieved my Hammock (Thanks,) a Hammock tent and one of those Titanium stoves.

With the lottary win I would buy a large woodland to camp in and build a supershelter in it.

i'd be VERY surprised if i'd won the lottery as i haven't bought a ticket :p (sorry, couldn't resist....)

a trip to Australia to see my friends again and i'd get a new set of knives + pocketboy to replace the ones i lost two years ago when i got robbed (== rather challenging to find quality items in this country and you have to win the lottery to buy stuff online here due to the ridiculously high shipping + import fees :( :( ) somewhere along the way...

a piece of land it the win was big enough...

the really important things like friends can't be bought with money, though....

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Won the lottery? After land, workshop and a CNC machine (Brother Speedio)

Last thing researched into out of curiosity is what it would take to recreate the Danish Civil Defence Tool Kit*. Could buy an original mint condition one, but would be in two minds over whether to actually use it. So recreate with top quality modern tools, impact tools from Hultafors (hatchet, hammers, crow bar) and wrenches, bolt cutters from Knipex etc.

Silverclaws2

Nomad
Dec 30, 2019
Devon
Not a lot on my list as I have mostly what will do, but I am hoping to this month purchase a Snugpak Enhanced Patrol Poncho to replace what the wind took, well it didn't take mine, it did my partners,but you know how it goes.

And at some point over the next few , a pair of Altberg Defender boots, probably second hand but new-ish if I can find a pair I can afford, to replace both my Raichle GTX MT Guide boots that have a disintegrating midsole and the 1980's High Leg Combats of which aren't good for my joints anymore, well not for hiking anyway. (I'll see about getting the Raichles properly repaired at a later date)

And at some point having already purchased one for my partner ( Opinel No 12), I hope to get myself an Opinel folding saw, maybe another 12 or a 180, am not sure yet. Beyond that a down sleeping bag would be nice and various bits and bobs, a couple of Mora Companions and a hatchet.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I got one of my wishes...well almost.
I got a 3m canvas bell tent, no smoke flap yet as it cost £185 more for the same tent with one already installed, so an orange silicone monstrosity will be added. Hope my frontier stove fits. But if it doesn't, time to start saving for the smaller stove.
Then there is just the wheels and driver to transport the set up for me. That might be harder than getting the stove! :)

Nov 7, 2018
Lewes
Big Monster, where are those green plastic cups from?
On my wish list is a Snowsled Classic or Survival Aids Ventile smock - sadly neither are made anymore so it might be a long wait until one appears on eBay!
Limaed, a quick google of the Ventile Smock shows it looks quite like an Arktis Smock, or maybe the other way round?

I own an Arktis B110 and it's one of the best bits of kit i've ever had. The Ventile reminds me a bit of this Kay Canvas Windproof Smock. I don't know if they're any good mind.

As for my wish list, I have been after a Tschum tent for ages but the price put me off, my polish lavuu will have to suffice!

Reactions: Limaed

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
I can't lie my wishlist of gear is non existent because I've bought it all ready for when restrictions ease, and I refuse to buy more gear now I've got plenty of stuff waiting to be used for the first time.

I'm spending so much time researching places to go sea fishing on my kayak. Like, to the point of obsession, I'm worrying myself :D when this lock down lifts, I'll be like a wound up toy released. God help you if you see an overly enthusiastic kayaker at the coast this summer! You have been warned!

Reactions: Yorkshire Viking

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
That Michael McIntyre will have a massive anal prolapse and his bland, anodyne, unthreatening, middle-class, family-oriented, warm-diarrhoea brand of comedy would disappear for good.

Failing that, could I have a canoe, please?

Reactions: AberSi

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE