Hello from Finland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kaktusfin

Jan 21, 2021
Finland
Hi all!
I'm 30 year old bushcraft and hiking enthusiastic from Finland. As I love to see pictures from others trips, I try my best to post pics from my trips. I've been doing long trips to lappland, and northern Norway. Also lots of shorter weekend and one night trips. Sleep about 30 nights outside in a year. :)

I also have a young dog which will be my friend for future adventures.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
you want to see Moose
You don't want to see a moose from your car too close, away in the field ok. The wild ones are quite good at hiding from you, some that live (too) close to densely populated areas let you walk by fairly near but they are still not tame in any way.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin

Kaktusfin

Jan 21, 2021
Finland
Lovely Dog. Where are you based? We visit Mikkeli a lot and also Ylas in the north. Finland is a great place unless you want to see Moose. You have shot them all.
I live in northern savonia, with my partner and dogs. :) Mikkeli is a nice city, especially in the summertime. And Yllas gets even nicer in winter. Views are great when you head north!

Well, like TLM said, it's not nice when moose hits you when driving 80-100km/h, I have few close calls when driving to work. They are not dead, they are just faster and more careful than us ;)

Kaktusfin

Jan 21, 2021
Finland
Looks like a well chosen outdoor dog.

Here it can order a well fitting own rucksack:

Yes, that was one big things when choosing the dog.

Thanks for the link, have to check that out. I should buy one when she is old enough to carry things. :)

Reactions: Erbswurst

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE