Split cane rod and centre pin reel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
I have my fathers fishing gear, much dates from the 40’s n 50’s, as a kid I was given an ambidex, half bail arm fixed spool which I still have to fish with. When my father passed away I was given all his gear, much I still have, the best of which I still use is his center pin “intrepid" reel, sat in a box for 15 years untouched, I took it out of it’d bag, gave it a flick and it just ran, so smooth. Built to last, which you can’t say there will be many reels 70+ years still performing flawlessly.
Enjoy your fishing gear and happy new year and tight lines!

Reactions: Robbi

champ

Dec 20, 2020
Wessex
Nice matching rod and reel there Robbi.I have used traditional tackle for a long time.Cane rods have a real"feel" to them.B James and Allcocks rods are my favourites.I have had a few Hardys coarse rods too.They are well known for their fly rods though made some excellent coarse rods.They published the "Super Bottom Fishing"catalogues to advertise coarse rods,reels,and tackle.These catalogues are quite different to their game fishing ones.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE