Bushcraft & Survival Skills Magazine

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 6, 2020
Scotland
Apologies if this is in the wrong thread! I re subscribed to the magazine for a further 2 years just after I received issue 86 but I've had or heard nothing since! Is anyone else having the same issue? I've dropped them a couple of messages but again I've had no reply!

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Same here I resubbed and received issue 85 and nothing since, messaged them multiple times without reply as have many others on here. There’s a recent post about it if you look for it.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I've just sent an old fashioned letter to the editor, addressed to him personally, asking what the problem is. Don't expect a reply , but if I do I'll let you know what excuses he comes up with.
I've told him the readership is very disgruntled, especially with the lack of acknowledgement to e mails and an explanation on the website might be a polite and suitable way to go, along with reimbursement if no copies of the magazine are forthcoming.
Here's hoping.

Reactions: CLEM
Oct 6, 2020
Scotland
I've just sent an old fashioned letter to the editor, addressed to him personally, asking what the problem is. Don't expect a reply , but if I do I'll let you know what excuses he comes up with.
I've told him the readership is very disgruntled, especially with the lack of acknowledgement to e mails and an explanation on the website might be a polite and suitable way to go, along with reimbursement if no copies of the magazine are forthcoming.
Here's hoping.
Thanks for the reply, as I mentioned to a friend earlier we all know everything is up in the air at the minute but a simple explanation would help. Again thanks for letting me know and hopefully you get a response!!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It's probably a case of can't see the woods for the trees and if all the staff have gone it's overwhelming. I agree that a quick email with an explanation is needed but I can see how people get into trouble...

Dec 7, 2019
LarLar land
I spoke to David Thompson on Thur and Fri and where as it is quite clear that he is suffering mentally/emotionally, there is a fierce determination to get things back on track even though the business has taken a massive hit this year. Now that the printer and distribution partners are back from furlough (well up to Fri) issue #87 of Bushcraft & Survival Magazine will be printed within the next ten days. A date of the 10th Dec has been booked to print issue #88 so it is my understanding that readers will be receiving two issues within the space of 6 weeks or so. David also said that he will very shortly be confirming this by way of an announcement and talked about how grateful he was for the patience and support of the readers and just how touched he has been by the huge amount of people who have offered their assistance to the business. If you wish to contact him directly email him david@bushcraftmagazine.com and he will reply as soon as he can.

Oct 6, 2020
Scotland
I spoke to David Thompson on Thur and Fri and where as it is quite clear that he is suffering mentally/emotionally, there is a fierce determination to get things back on track even though the business has taken a massive hit this year. Now that the printer and distribution partners are back from furlough (well up to Fri) issue #87 of Bushcraft & Survival Magazine will be printed within the next ten days. A date of the 10th Dec has been booked to print issue #88 so it is my understanding that readers will be receiving two issues within the space of 6 weeks or so. David also said that he will very shortly be confirming this by way of an announcement and talked about how grateful he was for the patience and support of the readers and just how touched he has been by the huge amount of people who have offered their assistance to the business. If you wish to contact him directly email him david@bushcraftmagazine.com and he will reply as soon as he can.
I'd like to start by saying that I hope I didn't cause anyone any distress, that was never my intention. I just wish someone from the magazine had been in touch, even a one liner would answerd a lot of questions. The total lack of communication I think is what has got a lot of peoples backs up. I do wish the magazine the best and I'm looking forward to the future issues.

Reactions: Toddy and CLEM

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
As above, not sound harsh at all but a simple statement on social media explaining the situation would have been the thing to do, not difficult and would have taken mere seconds. Schraftin folk are by and large an understanding and empathetic folk.
Hope he can get things back to normal.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com

Good news and good for him fighting through it, I can well imagine what a struggle it's been.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I'm very glad to hear that a copy is to be coming out soon. Mine is on order at my newsagent so I hope I don't get forgotten, though obviously those with a subscription come first as they have put money up front..
Let's hope the new lockdown doesn't put the kybosh on it.

UKAndyB

Jun 30, 2018
Flintshire. North Wales
Nothing here mate. To be honest, I'd forgot I had a paid subscription for it! haha
Be interesting to see how many actual copies we get. If they say its a 12 month subscription I won't be very happy! Fingers crossed they get out some copies or at least send out emails to paid subscribers explaining things.

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
Ladies & Gents with Facebook can you please message "Dean Millard" from theferalyamyam bushcraft group for your magazine issues. I have just been messaging him, he is close to the organisers and is acting as the distributor of the magazines at the moment. If you can just show him a screenshot of your subscription from the web site he will send you any magazines you have missed. He was helping me out when I told him about the other users of this forum also having issues with the magazine and he said to give his name out so others can contact him directly on Messenger to resolve any issues. Also the company has definately not folded and there will be a show this year.

Spirit fish

Banned
Aug 12, 2021
Doncaster
Apologies if this is in the wrong thread! I re subscribed to the magazine for a further 2 years just after I received issue 86 but I've had or heard nothing since! Is anyone else having the same issue? I've dropped them a couple of messages but again I've had no reply!
shame them in the newspapers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE