Folding knife with saw blade?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
If I remember right Gerber used to do a knife with swapable blades, one of which being fairly standard, another I think had a gut hook and another had a sawblade.
Not seen them advertised for 25 years or more now and can't remember what it was called either.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Messer Knife are still going it seems, they'll build you one for a price.

Reactions: Snufkin and Billy-o

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
The GAKs are great knives I'm lucky enough to have found a Victorinox one but Miltec ones seem to be the most available now

There is of course the Mauser version, not got one myself as they fetch big prices these days

fbe2bf2d92719e4c6e0e0f4f3d4a332f.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
I purchased what I though was an issue knife but turned out to be a Miltec copy which was very poor quality. Oh well it lives in my knives curiosity drawer now.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Well we're on this subject Has anyone got / used the Victorinox ''Camper'' Knife as I'm thinking of getting 1 for a mate's Birthday, and he already has a Farmer but want's a back-up to put in the car.
cheer's

Reactions: Sieddy

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Well we're on this subject Has anyone got / used the Victorinox ''Camper'' Knife as I'm thinking of getting 1 for a mate's Birthday, and he already has a Farmer but want's a back-up to put in the car.
cheer's
Used one for a fair while before changing it out for a Farmer. It's a great knife - not too wide either and you can't go wrong with a SAK saw

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
The Officer's knife is a good upgrade from the Camper if you're not a big wine drinker. Scissors and a phillips head make it a much better tool. I've retired my Farmer since getting one.

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada

wooo! :)

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk

Damn! Even the peasants are rich in Switzerland:).
I can see one of those in my future

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
The GAKs are great, I have a great condition Victorinox one but the actual cutting edge of the saw blade is less than on an alox farmer. With the added disadvantage of being on the edge of UK legal (depending how you measure it).

Last edited:
Reactions: falcon

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
Another vote for the GAK....Endicotts of Exeter do them cheap second hand with price determined by quality. This often involves grinding out the end of the blade if it’s chipped, but as recommended by Neil1, it was easy to convert the blade to a lambfoot shape thereby reducing the blade length to under 3” and UK legal. I was lucky enough to find a victorinox model which is superb though there were various manufacturers and I’ve seen some of decent quality.

Reactions: Snufkin

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Another vote for the GAK....Endicotts of Exeter do them cheap second hand with price determined by quality. This often involves grinding out the end of the blade if it’s chipped, but as recommended by Neil1, it was easy to convert the blade to a lambfoot shape thereby reducing the blade length to under 3” and UK legal. I was lucky enough to find a victorinox model which is superb though there were various manufacturers and I’ve seen some of decent quality.
I'm keeping mine full length as my camping knife, the slightly longer blade being better for food prep and giving me legitimate cause to carry while still looking inoffensive.

Reactions: falcon

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I just opened the parcel with a Officer's knife for me and 1 Camper knife for his present, I think they are both going to be user's and my 1 well why not I like Knives.
cheer's

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
10 Years ago I bought 2 GAK's a Victorinox and a B&H I reduced the cutting edge to just under 3"on both with a Dremel on a wet cloth wrapped blade. I kept the B&H gave the Victorinox to my son in law. I believe that the GAK had several manufacturers, strangely I preferred the B&H knife which I still use daily... I bought both from Endicotts as grade one no chips etcetera.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE