State Pension Awareness.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Weekly Amount for UK Full Basic State Pension. ( Closest )

• £75

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • £100

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • £125

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • £150

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • £175

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • £200

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • £225

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £250

• £275

• £300

• Total voters

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I have been off work for a long time due to ill health, to have the goal; when I return to work of which hopefully will be in the next year or two, probably working for myself, I don't intend to retire and I don't intend to retire through already knowing just what kind of life can be lead on the amount the state pension affords.

I hope you can return to work promptly and in a field you enjoy. I think its an excellent idea to work for oneself ( at least eventually ) and I concur that the state pension may be a rude shock to many - I really hate nihilism as a concept but for the younger generation i can only see it a hard road forward.

Reactions: Silverclaws2

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Seems an appropriate place to put it.

So the B.O.E would seem to be most likely to trial NEGATIVE Interest Rates in an attempt to stimulate the Economy.

Interesting times ahead.

Last edited:

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
The only reason to hold capital in a bank at the moment is because you know you won't lose out to Covid-19 and Brexit - if rates go negative there will be a run on the banks because you may as well have it under your mattress. I guess some people will look to move it to investments but with current uncertainties I think the majority won't do that immediately . So, if banks want to keep our money to invest in growth they would be brave to apply negative rates but stranger things have happened :)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
True - The only things that seem to be positive are Property and Gold prices due to the uncertainity.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The only reason to hold capital in a bank at the moment is because you know you won't lose out to Covid-19 and Brexit - if rates go negative there will be a run on the banks because you may as well have it under your mattress. I guess some people will look to move it to investments but with current uncertainties I think the majority won't do that immediately . So, if banks want to keep our money to invest in growth they would be brave to apply negative rates but stranger things have happened :)
I usually don’t like the idea of converting currency to precious metals, but you just described one of the few scenarios where I might consider it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE