Time to find a nice piece of local Woodland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
It’s time to find a myself a nice piece of land, a permission is the conclusion I’ve arrived at. The rona has very much curtailed my wanderings over these months and the reckless selfish behaviour of many folks round these parts in dumping crap and leaving all manner of trash in the places I have/used to roam has dampened my enthusiasm somewhat. Any tips/pointers and info from those who have managed to land themselves some land to practice our hobby would greatly be appreciated. Where to look, who to approach. Thanks.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
It’s time to find a myself a nice piece of land, a permission is the conclusion I’ve arrived at. The rona has very much curtailed my wanderings over these months and the reckless selfish behaviour of many folks round these parts in dumping crap and leaving all manner of trash in the places I have/used to roam has dampened my enthusiasm somewhat. Any tips/pointers and info from those who have managed to land themselves some land to practice our hobby would greatly be appreciated. Where to look, who to approach. Thanks.

I will follow this thread with great interest as I have been considering exactly the same thing recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CLEM

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
I certainly took a shortcut by marrying a ranger.

But, have a look at the local nature reserves, contact the local rangers and help out where you can:

https://www.dudley.gov.uk/things-to-do/nature-reserves/countryside-volunteers/

Build a relationship with the rangers and ask nicely, it always helps if you have a raft of risk assessments for what you are planning on doing and have demonstrated competence through volunteering, often if you just find a land owner and knock on their door they'll most likely say no, it's all about building relationships with people.

Best of luck with finding somewhere.

Reactions: CLEM

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I got my 'permission' some years ago (about 5 years ago I think....). Came about by taking my daughter wild camping in a forest. (Without permission, on a weekend). The actual landowner turned up as my daughter and I were sat under the tarp. He was clearly of the 'who the hell are you' opinion and rightly so. I was polite and honest, told him that it was my intention to let my daughter experience a night in the forest, complete with an open fire, Marshmallows and hot chocolate, but if I wasn't welcome I would leave immediately without question. He was generous enough to allow us to stay the night. Long story short, it's still my 'permission' to this day. My son and I were there just last weekend for a few hours. Sometimes it just needs a little luck.......

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: CLEM and Winnet

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE