NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Been there, done that! Awful emotional roller coaster isn't it?

Amen to that. I was put through the emotional wringer.

I have one knife with such sentimental value that it no longer leaves the house.

Can't go along with that though. It's just an item. A thing.
It needs to be used for what it was designed. It has sentimental value because it's used and done things and been with you. That needs to continue. If it was a living, beathing, sentient being, it would want nothing else.
If I am going to lose it for real or if it breaks, then I'd much rather that happens whilst it's giving honourable service.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I agree with Wander, to appreciate something is to use it even if we know that will result in its eventual loss. I have posted this Buddhist teaching before but it's very relevant so I'll post it again:

Do you see this glass? I love this glass.

It holds the water admirably.
When the sun shines on it, it reflects the light beautifully.
When I tap it, it has a lovely ring.

Yet for me, this glass is already broken. When the wind knocks it over or my elbow knocks it off the shelf and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’

But when I understand that this glass is already broken, every minute with it is precious.

Ajahn Chah

• Love
Reactions: Brizzlebush

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I lost my purse a month ago. Luckily it didn't have more than spare change in and my payment cards for the bills.
It's a beautiful tooled leather so I was realy put out more about loosing the purse than the contents.
I decided to make some wire coathanger dowsing rods and have a go at trying to dowse for it.
Strangely it kept saying that it was in my bedroom close to the end of my bed.
Now there was nothing there except a small bag I keep with overnight stuff in case of hospital visits or anything which requires a toothbrush and nightwear.
I knew it wasn't in that, and a quick peek in the top showed me...... there it was!
No idea how it got there.
How did the coathangers know?????
I'm going to dowse for lost stuff from now on.

IfInDoubt

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2013
Up North and Down South
I know everyone's got a story and mine is when the security guards at the statue of liberty visitors checkpoint found a leatherman I hadn't seen for months in the hydration pocket of my Daysack, funny thing was that I had used that bag as a carry on and the airport checkpoint hadn't noticed it at all, I may have committed some federal crime there, as was said earlier it's always worth getting someone else to look for you

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
If that the knife with the marlin spike I love those knifes however they a nightmare to replace. There is a marine knife that looks similar however it not the same steel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE