Loch Ericht Wild Camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Unfortunately there has been far too many mindless morons setting huge fires, burning fences, vandalising outbuildings and toilet facilities and treating wild camping like going to a festival and leaving the place looking like a landfill site , with abandoned gear everywhere. This was near me a coupl eof weeks ago, Loch Muick, brand new gear abandoned after a couple of nights of drunken shenanigans

117712433_10160118969959689_1124765959836307844_o.jpg
We were there a few weeks ago and the passing places were full for a mile. We went into the (admittedly tiny) car park to turn around and there was a spot. Cam home with ticks though.

Aug 18, 2020
Lanarkshire
Unfortunately there has been far too many mindless morons setting huge fires, burning fences, vandalising outbuildings and toilet facilities and treating wild camping like going to a festival and leaving the place looking like a landfill site , with abandoned gear everywhere. This was near me a coupl eof weeks ago, Loch Muick, brand new gear abandoned after a couple of nights of drunken shenanigans

117712433_10160118969959689_1124765959836307844_o.jpg
That’s absolutely shocking btw. Complete idiots

Ed the Ted

Forager
Dec 13, 2013
Scotland
I'm in mid wales and as far as I can tell there's no difference... town is a bit busier but haven't seen any madness in the hills... it is barren and deserted at the best of times, rights of way overgrown and untrodden, and seems to mostly continue to be so. For once it's probably good that theres no right to roam laws here! Haven't been near the bothies though, but I can imagine...

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
I'm located in mid wales and miss how quiet things we're during lockdown to be honest with you.

Currently the major mountain tourist areas such as Pen Y Fan, Snowdon, and cader Idris are very busy but I tend to steer clear of the tourist areas and the areas I wild camp in are about as quiet as they usually are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Maybe there's money to be made going around picking all this gear up and selling it on :)
Although, I suspect you'd have to sterilise a lot of it before you touched it (and that's not to protect you from the virus!).

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Maybe there's money to be made going around picking all this gear up and selling it on :)
Although, I suspect you'd have to sterilise a lot of it before you touched it (and that's not to protect you from the virus!).

I agree on both counts Broch!

The amount of kit that gets left behind at festivals is mind boggling!

I can't honestly say I have ever found any camping gear while ahemmmm wild camping but did once find a stereo system miles from anywhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE