Ventile Jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adrian

Forager
Aug 5, 2005
South East London
I don't know if this is the right bit to post this on - if not, I apologise - its been a couple of years since I was on this forum and the new look has confused me!
I have a Survival Aids Arctic Ranger Ventile jacket if anyone would like it. I'm not selling it, its free to anyone who collects or alternatively, I'm happy to send it for the cost of postage. Its about 30 years old and I haven't worn it for about 20 years. There is wear on the sleeve seams which will require repair. There is no size marked, but I'm 5'9" with a 40" chest and it is roomy!

Reactions: Corso and Erbswurst

Adrian

Forager
Aug 5, 2005
South East London
Ok lads - its been bagged and I'll be posting it out in the next couple of days, but thanks for all the interest. I'll be having a bit of a clearout over the next few weeks, and some stuff will be going for collection/postage, and some for sale.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
Hello all,

Having taken Adrian up on his generous offer, I've tried the jacket on with various layers and so on, and it's not for me.
It's a great jacket however.
I've replaced some of the cords (hood, zippers) some were leather and perished.
I've given it a wash and Cotton Proof too.
But, it just won't fit me darn it!
But, I've finally got around to boxing it up to offer it to someone else.
Cover the cost of postage and it's yours.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
reading above Tengu asked for second dibs so might be worth dropping her a PM?
A very generous offer once more on Bcuk
I did wonder that. I wasn't sure whether to offer to next in line or start again.
There must be a protocol here.
If there isn't I'm following one now?
If I've got this wrong let me know.
Next in line was dawn awakens. So I'll offer it that way.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Hello all,

Having taken Adrian up on his generous offer, I've tried the jacket on with various layers and so on, and it's not for me.
It's a great jacket however.
I've replaced some of the cords (hood, zippers) some were leather and perished.
I've given it a wash and Cotton Proof too.
But, it just won't fit me darn it!
But, I've finally got around to boxing it up to offer it to someone else.
Cover the cost of postage and it's yours.

Hi, I'll take it if i'm not jumping on someone elses toes! Happy to make a charity donation.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
Hi, I'll take it if i'm not jumping on someone elses toes! Happy to make a charity donation.
Well, I think there's a queue if I'm to do this fairly.
I'll give thedawnawakens a chance to get back to me. If they're not interested the next offer is to Tengu, then you.
Unless I hear otherwise from one of the moderators, this seems a fair way to do it?

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
Might be worth actually checking folks sizes that want it to save sending it to someone that it doesn’t fit.
Yep, it's at the top of the thread.
Hopefully they'll have done that already.
I did, I thought it would do for me, but no.

thedawnawakens

Settler
Dec 2, 2012
UK
Very good of you Sir Brizzlebush but I am moving into a motorhome today full time and as such I have firmly had to reduce the wardrobe. I'm sure Tengu will enjoy getting use from it.

All the best.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
[
Very good of you Sir Brizzlebush but I am moving into a motorhome today full time and as such I have firmly had to reduce the wardrobe. I'm sure Tengu will enjoy getting use from it.

No problem. Thanks for letting me know. I'm trying to reduce myself, good luck!

All the best.
QUOTE="Tengu, post: 1948798, member: 2953"]
Here I am.
[/QUOTE]
Yours if you still want it then Tengu?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE