Anyone remember the ''Dartmoor Survival Knife'' ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I was going through my Knife File's / Details last night and I spotted this Blade which I purchased yr's ago and then Sold New accouple of yr's later, But I forgot that I ever owed it.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I own 4!

I bought as a preorder a numbered blade when they first came out. Then Wilkinson Sword went bust!

Years later I realised how valuable it was I bought a complete knife that needed grinding from Sterling Supplies and have carried that for years too on excursions all over the world.

I found another factory knife in a sale a few years ago in a sale and as I have 3 kids to leave them to bought that. I think I also bought one at Bushmoot because by that time I wanted to own them all!

Funnily enough I joined this forum because there was one advertised on here.

They are the most fantastic tool for shelter and blind building. They are hefty and dependable as a blade with an interesting history.

Someone on a course once described it as “deeply unfashionable” while showing how to use a little scandi to cut poles. Out came the Dartmoor, swosh, pole, swoosh, pole, swoosh, pole. I can do everything with it you might do with a scandi but when I need stuff done with minimum effort it’s there. Splitting wood it just excels at too. No need to be ginger, you just could not break it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Soz, TeeDee I was beaten to it.
And speaking of Parang's, I've Often thought that the Fox Jungle / Bushcraft Parang Bears alot of similarity's to the Dartmoor Knife.
Cheer's

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE