NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
No! No! No! No! No! No! No!

Gutted.

Something dreadful has happened.
I have lost my favourite knife.

I suppose it was nothing special - just a British Army clasp knife.
I put bone scales on it to make it look more attractive.

Me and that little knife had LOADS of adventures together.
I've used that knife more than any other. I've opened umpteen packs of super noodles with it, sliced up countless pepperamis, carved all sorts of bits and bobs with it.
It was a cracking knife - EDC legal, held a razor sharp edge, the spring was very stiff (so it wouldn't close on you).
I could go and buy another, but it wouldn't be the same. Although, that said, if there's one guaranteed way for it to turn up, it's to go and buy another.

I'm absolutely gutted.
Poor little chap.

I need a hug and support.

Saluer, mon amis. A bientot...

Reactions: brancho and zornt

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
quite often stuff that’s not quite in my pocket ends up between drivers seat and centre console.

It would be brave soul who out their hand down there. That chasm has become home to all kinds of errant bits of pastry from sausage rolls, pasties, slices, etc. Plus fallen crisps and the odd wine gum.
It's its own eco-system. I expect there's a microscopic Doug McClure down there trying to avoid Nazis and dinosaurs.

I'm pleased to say there's a happy ending to my moments despair - FOUND IT!!!

Phew.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I lost my Leatherman once, I was gutted as it had sentimental value and then found it six months later in the attic....I don't even remember going up to the attic!

Anyway, where did you find it and can we have a picture as I'd be interested to see a clasp knife with the bone scales that you mention.

Sent from Somerset using magic

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Although, that said, if there's one guaranteed way for it to turn up, it's to go and buy another.

All sympathies to you. Don't suppose you ever took a picture of it, for the sake of seeing it off properly. It is, in my similar experience, the best way.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
We could do with a stickied thread of places you've found lost items.

Normally I find lost knives in a pocket of a coat I've not worn for ages.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
We could do with a stickied thread of places you've found lost items.

Normally I find lost knives in a pocket of a coat I've not worn for ages.

In the door seal of the washing machine. It was there for months, the cleanest Spyderco you ever saw. :)

Reactions: Billy-o

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Also #1 son mostly forgets to mention loaning one of my knives, fortunately usually a Mora or Hackman. So far he has not lost one but has no haste returning.

Reactions: Billy-o

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
He found it :)

Oh. Well, that's good then.

Did we ever get to see a pic?

(Found a U2 on top of a set of shelves when we moved house, one time. Found a Northwoods Mini Moose under a set of shelves when we moved another time. I found something else under some shelves on yet another move ... a damascus liner lock by someone or other. You see the pattern? I get pretty upset about losing knives. Other stuff, I just go buy a replacement or forget about it. You know, pets, relatives, cars, that sort of thing :lol:. I should seek counselling.)

Last edited:

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
Sorry, I don't have any pictures of it.
I could take one and post it, but it won't be today.

I found it...in my bag!
There's a pocket on the inside where I normally put it, but I must have missed and it fell down in the sleeve where I keep a sit mat and ground sheet.

Reactions: Billy-o and SaraR

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE