Military Mart Customer service

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
I purchased three "unissued" Swedish M59 shirts from Military Mart last week.
On arrival I opened them and was disappointed with two as they were obviously not "unissued" with a repair on one and small paint splodges on another, the third was fine.
I emailed customer support and they were extremely helpful, it would appear their picker may have gone to the wrong bin for the order.
I sent the two back but was surprised to find the replacements arriving before the return!
The plus point was the two arrived still pinned to the cardboard and in the original cellophane wrappers.
I have to say I was so delighted I ordered a couple more which should hopefully arrive today.

Really good to have a positive thing to say regarding a retailer especially in the surplus sector.
All I can say is I'm impressed! :emoji_thumbsup:

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
I agree, they were most helpful and the replacements were outstanding quality. Just got to wait till tomorrow to find out if the next set are as good!

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Quick update: three brand new still in packaging shirts arrived on Friday.
Astounding service, I'm definitely going to use them again when the need arrives.

Last edited:

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Funily enough I was just looking at the Swedish M59 shirts meself. What is the sizing like and how thick is the soft cotton?

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
It's always heartening to hear about good customer service. I'm on the quest for Swedish M59 shirts, in size 43 and, ideally, unissued, but they are proving very hard to find!

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
I agree, ideally I need a 43 but found I could get into size 41 when they are new, just need to cool wash to make sure they don't shrink.
Obviously I could lose weight instead! :cool:

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Got to be done I'm afraid need to ease the pressure on my arthritis, unless anyone has a surefire cure!

Reactions: TeeDee

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Funnily enough I was just looking at the Swedish M59 shirts meself. What is the sizing like and how thick is the soft cotton?
They are a reasonable thickness and could be worn on their own in summer and with a base layer or mid layers in the winter, Paul Kirtley swears by them.
Size-wise, I am a 48" chest and a size 41 fits, albeit it can be slightly tight below my chest but not uncomfortably so.
The brand new ones are a better fit and as long as I don't shrink them they should be better than the size 39 which will go on but are tight!
Hopefully that helps.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Size-wise, I am a 48" chest and a size 41 fits, albeit it can be slightly tight below my chest but not uncomfortably so.
The brand new ones are a better fit and as long as I don't shrink them they should be better than the size 39 which will go on but are tight!
Hopefully that helps.

Yes thanks. I ordered a new size 41 yesterday and it turned up today. I'm a little puzzled as I'm only a 42" chest and it just about fits. It wasn't in any packaging, there's a faded stamp next to the main label and a small hole under an arm. So, looks to me as if it's issued.

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Yes thanks. I ordered a new size 41 yesterday and it turned up today. I'm a little puzzled as I'm only a 42" chest and it just about fits. It wasn't in any packaging, there's a faded stamp next to the main label and a small hole under an arm. So, looks to me as if it's issued.
Sounds like it was issued then, I agree, give them a call.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
Well, after a bit of chasing and sending a photo they say it appears to be unissued. I've no idea why it looks faded and washed. They have said I can send it back but it's not worth the effort.

I'm still puzzled by the sizing though. I've measured my chest again and I'm currently running at 41" and the shirt is probably a little tight when I fold my arms. I don't think it would fit anyone over 42" so perhaps they are very variable in size as well as colour?

Mike, would you say your replacements are a darker green than the issued ones sent out by mistake?

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I’ve been trying to find a couple M59 Swede Shirts for ages now, next to impossible to find them in lardy gut bucket size now. Apparently Military Mart in the past had exact copies of the M59’s manufactured themselves in the past. May be worth badgering then to do do again. And if enough folk doi am pretty sure they will do.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE