Potato Fruit ( seed )

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Noticed these on my Po-Po plants - I understand that they are Poisonous but are they of ANY ( No matter how random ) use????

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Something probably can eat them in spite of the solanine. I haven't got the faintest idea what it might be.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I hope you don't keep it on your computer!
Damming evidence you know :)
Green tomato chutney with a few disguised potato fruits could prove effective.;) :) :)

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
You could let them ripen and then grow the seeds next year.

I was always told to remove them, although it now seems to be suggested they have little effect on the potato crop. If they're only a few I'd remove.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Cross-pollination and then seed collection is the traditional method for developing new genetic varieties of potatoes.
Don't bother to save the fruits (and seeds) if that's not your intention. You could pick them off and dispose of them if that floats your boat. Otherwise, they don't appear to divest the developing tubers of energy and materials.

If you really like the variety that you are growing, chopping up tubers to clone more of the same is the
traditional cultivation method. The ingnorantsia call those pieces "seed potatoes" but it would be far more useful to call them exactly what they are = "clone potatoes."

Reactions: Tsantsa and MrEd

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE