What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Are you using or have you considered using any kind of Training Prog to increase you lung capacity?

I haven't to be honest! I will do though. To be fair I'll be using it for what I like to call adult rock pooling. Just messing about close in shore, in no more than 10 feet of water most likely. I can get a good 45 sec hold when I'm chilled which is enough for messing about in shallow water, I'll give it some thought though as it would be great to do some better and bigger dives. Need me a weight belt too!

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I haven't to be honest! I will do though. To be fair I'll be using it for what I like to call adult rock pooling. Just messing about close in shore, in no more than 10 feet of water most likely. I can get a good 45 sec hold when I'm chilled which is enough for messing about in shallow water, I'll give it some thought though as it would be great to do some better and bigger dives. Need me a weight belt too!

There are several free diving apps out there.

Short_edc

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2020
Cambs
Nealsgadgets have them in lots of led choices, for warmer I’d go for the SST-20 rather than the Nichea 219, puts a bit more out front and doesn’t hit the battery as hard. My copper is the Cree XPL HI 3D and it’s just right. Different language this led thing, like Ancient Greek. :D

The stainless looks superb, but too smooth and slippy for me, also something I found with the aluminium one, didn’t seem to fit well in my hand. Shorter tube and smaller battery has sorted that, and I’m totally swoony about the steampunk copper. Gonna sell the Alu, recoup a little bit of this latest adventure.

Have you used nealsgadgets? I’m always abit cautious ordering from the us

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Have you used nealsgadgets? I’m always abit cautious ordering from the us

He’s China based, I’d not order a thing from the US, the postage is always mega, and if it’s a penny over the HMRC limit you’ll have to pay the £8 admin + VAT on the whole cost inc postage, insurance, tracking etc. I’ve been stung badly a few times and realise why UK prices are so much higher for knives and stuff. Chinese imports (shhh), tend to just arrive, quietly and after some time, without fees.;)

I‘ve ordered from Neal twice. Once for the Alu and again for the copper. Both arrived within ten days, really quick, good tracking. However, I ordered some extra bits like glowys and ended up paying more than I should when there is an FW3 package deal available. My fault, but it could have been pointed out. I appreciated him emailing me to ask if I wanted the glow tailcap fitted because it’s not too easy without the right tool.

The copper was ordered with the 18350 battery, but that didn’t arrive. It was a pain to chase up, but eventually got a refund with the explanation that the copper and brass versions are vac packed to prevent oxidisation so the battery couldn’t be installed, thus couldn’t be sent loose.

He’s fine, very good really, but the website is messy and not well organised, be sure to double check your order before hitting the pay button and you’ll be fine. He’s one of those that’s taken on main dealership and is a bit overwhelmed. It happens. I’d use him again without any worries.

The Sofirn BLF LT lantern took five weeks from Sofirn China. It’s superb, but according to its tracking is at Duisburg Station in Germany. It’s not, it’s in flickering candle mode on the table next to me. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: santaman2000

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Just bought the entrak bravo 11 in the classifieds, got it for my father as a belated fathers day present, this should give him more control when splitting 3 inch rounds, he is very dangerous with an axe.....

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
a kayak cart for wheeling it to and from the water, it was bloomin hard work lugging it a few hundred yards back to the car! Oh and a couple of leashes for the rods. I was concerned we would have a rod yanked off us by a hungry seal trying to steal the mackerel!

RG30something

Jun 23, 2020
Reading, Berks
Just bought myself a Gerber Moment fixed blade. Looks to be a lovely little knife. After buying it I read some reviews (I know, I should have read them first really) and they seem a bit mixed when it comes to edge retention. Anyone here got any experience of this knife? It’ll probably be a while before I get to put it through it’s paces and I’d like to know what to expect.

Reactions: Short_edc

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
A solar powered charger.

See my unboxing in the kit forum
7c5e4e5fca5b0054226801cab28e92da.jpg

[/URL]

Reactions: gra_farmer

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Bells-Wax-Vestas-I.jpg

In freezing conditions, I don’t want to be relying on a fiddly method of fire lighting. It’s great to know how use many different methods of course but I want fire quickly and reliably.

I usually carry a box of waterproof matches in a small ziploc bag in my pocket and another in my bag.

As some of you know, I do like my equipment to have a little “soul” as it were and I after seeing a post on BcUSA I thought this was just the job.

Bells-Wax-Vestas-II.jpg

A quick search on eBay and there I found one.

There is just enough room inside for the contents of two boxes of matches which is a nice quantity.

Bells-Wax-Vestas-III.jpg

The rough patch on the bottom, where the old vestas would be struck, was just the right size for the safety striker from one of the old boxes to be attached with a bit of double sided tape. I’ll keep the other striker, already taped and ready, in the pocket of my notebook in case I need it.

A neat little solution with a bit of history to it that doesn’t get in the way of functionality.

It does exactly what it says on the tin.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE