What markets are there for used edged tools now?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 9, 2015
Bollington
Hi all, my first post here so be kind. If I’m breaching any etiquette it’s through ignorance not intent!

I’ve been furloughed so am using it as an opportunity to declutter my kit room & find good homes for lots of my kit. Most of that selling I’ve done through eBay. However, I have a bunch of edged tools that I’ve barely used, which are gathering dust & which I understand would be illegal to sell online. I also see there is a kit-swap area here, but I’m decluttering my kit room & raising cash, rather than swapping. I just wondered what workarounds/ alternatives anyone had come across. For example, is it within house rules to discuss selling edged tools here & then to meet any interested parties face to face to transact?

Basically, I think I can do everything I am ever likely to need with my folders, my prized Stephen Wade Cox knife, my Morakniv Companion & my Gransfors Bruks small forest axe. I think the gear is in good condition & desirable - Fallkniven F1, Terava Jaakaripuuko, Terava Skrama, Hultafors Agdor, Gransfors Bruks large splitting axe etc.

Suggestions/ comments very much welcomed.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
You need to read the rules of membership, you have to accrue a certain number of posts etc, before you are allowed to advertise stuff, or you can become a full member which will give you certain benefits and privileges....................a quick perusal of said rules will put you on the right track.

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
First post gets you a little leeway :)

You need to be a Full Member to advertise and sell here, and I think that's pretty much the same on any of the other forums where you can sell.
That said, Full Membership on BcUK isn't expensive, I look on it like the price of a couple of magazines.
ROF is much smaller, and less active, I think it's less to access the sales too.
Edge Matters has a much more active market I reckon.
Hopefully someone who is active there will see your thread and come and post some advice.

Meanwhile, welcome to the forum :D Come and join the conversations.

Jan 9, 2015
Bollington
Fadcode & Toddy,
Thanks for your responses & friendly welcome. I’ll sort membership in the am. What’s the gold membership gift or is that a secret!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Fadcode & Toddy,
Thanks for your responses & friendly welcome. I’ll sort membership in the am. What’s the gold membership gift or is that a secret!

It can be a BCUK patch or a car window sticker. On occasion something else the boss might have for a gift

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE