Calling anyone in the North East!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

01rstraker

Apr 30, 2020
North Tyneside
Hi,
New to the forum, and still a novice at most bushcraft as being dabbling on and off. Just wanted to connect with anyone in the local area, so I don’t feel alone haha

thanks,
Rob.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Hallo, I am from the North-East!
Berlin is in the north-east and my brother's holyday house is located at Usedom, the most north-eastern island of Germany.

Reactions: 01rstraker

01rstraker

Apr 30, 2020
North Tyneside
Hallo, I am from the North-East!
Berlin is in the north-east and my brother's holyday house is located at Usedom, the most north-eastern island of Germany.
Right you are, apologies I did mean the north east of England but, I think where you’re talking about sounds amazing! What’s it like on the island there?

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Usedom is a very interesting island.

They started to develop tourism with Berliners in one corner 130 years ago, it's a little Biarritz, but they stopped that, they developed a camping tourism during GDR and holyday apartments nowadays in a few villages along the beaches, but inside the country it's nearly untouched.

One of the sunniest parts of Germany.
In the eastern corner starts nowadays Poland.
In the western corner was the rocket development centre Peenemünde of Wernher von Braun, which nowadays one can visit. (OK, not very popular in Britain of course, but very interesting!)
They also have a Russian Submarine in that area.

So there is a lot to do and to see if one wants to, but a few hundred metres inside the country it becomes totaly quiet and undeveloped.
My brother bought a nice little farm in the quiet area.
In a few years we will surely move there, growing vegetables and making cheese. The sheep are just bought but currently they stand next to Berlin on another farm land.
We have Austrians and a French race.
Since I speak exclusively French with them they became very happy.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 01rstraker

01rstraker

Apr 30, 2020
North Tyneside
@01rstraker @Madriverrob and myself are or were regular camp mates until work and the virus put it on hold, we mainly get on the East coast, Brockwell woods and a touch further, Lakes has been done and plan on doing it again, when we're allowed out again that is :)
Sounds good to me!! I’ve been looking at brockwell to get out and practise some skills and get used to wild (ish) camping again, haven’t really done it since I was a kid

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE