Men of Inspiration

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
All terribly bots own stuff like mad Jack being the prime example. Glad to see the anaesthetist being listed. The commonwealth isn't just British people, does anyone know of commonwealth men of inspiration?

(PS I doubt a post such as this that was based on people of inspiration could escape without mention of Mary Seacole IMHO).

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
All terribly bots own stuff like mad Jack being the prime example. Glad to see the anaesthetist being listed. The commonwealth isn't just British people, does anyone know of commonwealth men of inspiration?

(PS I doubt a post such as this that was based on people of inspiration could escape without mention of Mary Seacole IMHO).

Not sure if that;s a typo but not quite following. ?

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Colin Fletcher:
The Man Who Walked Through Time and The Complete Walker
Born in Wales, WW2 Commando, Active as a journalist and writer in the USA.

Robert Louis Stevenson
Most famous as Fiction writer but also a superb writer of Travel books.

Patrick Leigh Fermor
Traveller, adventurer and WW2 SOE operative especially in Crete
Superb writer of Travel Books

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Colin Fletcher:
The Man Who Walked Through Time and The Complete Walker
Born in Wales, WW2 Commando, Active as a journalist and writer in the USA.

Robert Louis Stevenson
Most famous as Fiction writer but also a superb writer of Travel books.

Patrick Leigh Fermor
Traveller, adventurer and WW2 SOE operative especially in Crete
Superb writer of Travel Books

Thank You!

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Isambard-Kingdom-Brunel.jpg

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I was going to add him. (Too near Swindon).

Going across the Tamar there is the Royal Albert Bridge...But we call it the Brunel Bridge (it has his name on, after all).

How did people get to Cornwall (or more to the point, out of Cornwall...) before him?

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I was going to add him. (Too near Swindon).

Going across the Tamar there is the Royal Albert Bridge...But we call it the Brunel Bridge (it has his name on, after all).

How did people get to Cornwall (or more to the point, out of Cornwall...) before him?

I would like the thread to remain on topic if I can rather than spur off , But I would suggest The Cornish would state that they wouldn't see any justified reason to consider leaving Cornwall :)

And I would say , that as a Devon born and Bred country Bumpkin I'm happy that they thought that way.. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE