TheGreat British Campout for the NHS

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Oh for a bit of flat garden. Mines all a slope and the tendency is to find yourself nose pressed firmly to the wall of the tent!
May try a camp bed and bivvy bag if I can find a 6×4 flat bit. Last time I tried I rolled off the camp bed after a few hours asleep. Rather a rude awakening. ! Gave up and went inside... it was only 11.30 pm. :(

Reactions: crosslandkelly
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Ivee got to say, this all on the nhs is a little superficial and also a mite incincere, care workers, supermarket staff general nurses are on minimum wage, go to food banks. Nhs is under recourced for 10 years, yet money has been made avaliable via the magic money tree that doesnt exist, yet the government is showing its support by clapping them, maybe a slow hand clap should be better. They are risking there lives, if binmen, supermarket staff, careworkers all went to sitting at home what would happen, you would know then what there value was and how much you would be willing to pay them ? Most are being paid throughout this by the government , maybe these essential workers should be paid double ? After all they have a higher risk of death. Death death death.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
We've only got a tarmac surface for a backyard. I've slept head up on slopes in the lakes before now. My last years at my parent's house before I left home for the last time was spent sleeping in a sloping bedroom of be a 400 year old house. Foot of the bed was probably a good foot lower, probably more. I tried sleeping the other way but the slope was steep enough for blood to flow to head and wake you up! Try hanging upside down and you'll get a quicker version of that effect.

I'd love to have a garden to do this. I'd be trying out different tarp pitches as I don't think I have given other pitches a chance. I tend to stick to a basic cave style pitch as it's easy to pitch and I'm used to it.

Nice tent Croslandkelly, what is it?

Reactions: crosslandkelly

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Ivee got to say, this all on the nhs is a little superficial and also a mite incincere, care workers, supermarket staff general nurses are on minimum wage, go to food banks. Nhs is under recourced for 10 years, yet money has been made avaliable via the magic money tree that doesnt exist, yet the government is showing its support by clapping them, maybe a slow hand clap should be better. They are risking there lives, if binmen, supermarket staff, careworkers all went to sitting at home what would happen, you would know then what there value was and how much you would be willing to pay them ? Most are being paid throughout this by the government , maybe these essential workers should be paid double ? After all they have a higher risk of death. Death death death.
This would be the weekend I would usually be away camping, I'm more than happy to sincerely donate my pitch fee to the charity above and get out for a couple of nights. What is insincere about hundreds or perhaps thousands of people doing something to support the NHS, and getting some enjoyment too? But during this lockdown there is little else we can do. Every right minded person is supporting careworkers, shopstaff, binmen, doctors and nurses. Don't knock people who are trying to show their support, knock our great and glorious leaders. (But do that elsewhere).

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
We've only got a tarmac surface for a backyard. I've slept head up on slopes in the lakes before now. My last years at my parent's house before I left home for the last time was spent sleeping in a sloping bedroom of be a 400 year old house. Foot of the bed was probably a good foot lower, probably more. I tried sleeping the other way but the slope was steep enough for blood to flow to head and wake you up! Try hanging upside down and you'll get a quicker version of that effect.

I'd love to have a garden to do this. I'd be trying out different tarp pitches as I don't think I have given other pitches a chance. I tend to stick to a basic cave style pitch as it's easy to pitch and I'm used to it.

Nice tent Croslandkelly, what is it?
It's a size 2 Polish lavvu, I love it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE