Zing-It Ridgeline

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Just bought some 2.2mm Zing-It cord and I'm going to make a new ridgeline for my tarp using the method below. Should be very light and very adjustable.....

ridgeline.jpg

Broomstickize

Forager
Jul 28, 2011
Suffolk, UK
Similar to my 'dutch' powered set up. You could even create a soft shackle instead of using the clips for the ends of the tarp. They are fiddly but if you are leaving the line attached most of the time then they are no bother (and it's a spot of fun making them).

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
I've been making some prussic loops from the 1.75mm Lash-it,

testing on the old eyesight;) I've just been digging in the loft for my old "helping hands" I used to use for electronics
helping hands.jpg
I'm going to try the end loop today,
Good luck with it:)

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
That'll be nice and useable, the toggle is a nice idea too. Be careful of those fig 9's though, they bend really easily ;)

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Is it Zing-it or that yellow Stein? If its stein, you can use up to 2mm wire. Have you a piece of domestic electrical cable you could strip the wire out of? Standard ring main has a nice size earth wire for it.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Am i right in thinking you need two tools. One to bunch it up like a knitting needle or similar and then a wire eyed tool to pull it through. I made a wire tool and treaded it but it was too tight to get the loose end back through.

Epic fail but i now understand how to do it just need tooklage :)

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
:) Always the way. Its 2.2mm Stein and really forgiving for thick wire. Building sites on second fix should have plenty of ring main offcuts. Flower arranging wire works at a pinch.

If your stuck, PM me your addy and I'll send you some snail mail.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
If its tight, keep working it and "milking" it down-it'll go past eventually. I used 2mm copper welding rod to do mine.

You only need wire dude-nothing else. You can buy fids but pro's use wire aswell.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE