yummy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pauldr

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2008
thurnscoe
just been out in the pouring rain in the woods ( the best time )

picked loads of apples gonna make some apple pie with those

got some blackberries gonna make some home made vanilla blackberrie ice cream

and we got loads of clovers to make some syrup to go onto the top of the ice cream

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
just been out in the pouring rain in the woods ( the best time )

picked loads of apples gonna make some apple pie with those

got some blackberries gonna make some home made vanilla blackberrie ice cream

and we got loads of clovers to make some syrup to go onto the top of the ice cream

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Any chance of a recipe for the clover syrup?? (are we talking RED clovers here??).

Stu.

pauldr

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2008
thurnscoe
yep the pinky red ones only ...

Red Clover Blossom Syrup

4 cups Red Clover blossoms

4 cups water

4 cups sugar

½ lemon or orange (organic if possible) chopped, peel and all

Note: The citrus is optional, it will give the syrup an orangey or lemony flavor. If you want the pure Red Clover flavor, you can skip the citrus. I make it both ways each year.

I also like to add a Tbsp of beet juice or berry juice to help color the syrup as it has a rather brownish tone to it, like a light maple syrup.

1. Put blossoms and water in a pot.

2. Simmer gently for about 15-20 minutes, turn off heat, cover, and let sit overnight.

3. The next day, strain and press liquid out of spent flowers.

4. Add sugar and sliced citrus and heat slowly, stirring now and again, for several hours or until reduced to a thick, honey-like syrup.

5. Can in ½-pint or 1 pint jars.

This recipe makes a little more than 1 pint. I usually triple or quadruple this, and I make more than one batch when they are in season to have enough for the year. The syrup makes great Christmas presents, so make plenty!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE