Your suggestions welcomed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
During a sort out in the shed, I came across an old toilet tent, which we couldn't bear to throw out when a couple of the poles snapped a couple of years ago. Due to cost of replacement poles being more than we paid for the tent, we decided to buy a new one.

anyway, so far I have salvaged the un broken pole sections, the guy ropes and the pegs.

the question is, what can I do with the (nylon) fabric? I have a plan to make a small bag with some of it, but before I set to it with a pair of scissors, I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions.

Thank you in advance, and I will keep you updated with any projects as they progress.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
You have it all but a couple of poles. Pitch it half height and treat yourself to a "sit down wee" :)

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Cheers for your suggestions so far. A couple of stuff sacks are on the list - to replace some of the plastic carrier bags that I currently use.

Next silly question, would the fabric be easy enough to sew? (going to use the wifes machine) I'm also guessing that I'd have to replicate the existing seams to stop it from fraying?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You can double over the edges and then iron on a low setting to put a light crease in. If you want to make any external edges a bit more solid then you could add a bit of grosgrain to the equation.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE