Your opinon please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Hay Guys & Gals,

I had the day off yesterday and spent it wandering around the Dirty ol' town of Dublin (actually not as bad as used to be just look out for the new trams)

Anyway before i hopped back on the train to the sticks I spotted an interesting looking pair of boots. I tried them on and my feet felt like they where in heaven. They were Meindl Eagle's a have a link below and I was wondering what you think. I am pretty well sold but I wanted your opinion before I parted with the cash. They are going for €169.00 (cheaper then site below by my recconing).

http://www.tacticalfootwear.com/store/index.html?catalog5_0.html

I also managed to check out some other items here such as no named PLCE Bergen full size for get this £170.00 :shock: and Berghuas Vulcan for a £150 :) so it doesn't take much to figure which I will be going for we I have the do.

All your comments are welcome.

Cheers
James

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Make sure you try them on after you have walked around all day and try them with you walking socks on!

Boot which fit well are woth their weight in gold!!! the specks look good to me the only thing i would say is "vibram" souls are normaly the thing to look for, but i am not sure what "Vildona" is you might find it is Meidls own version of that! it looks like quite a high boot but if you like that then i would say go for it!

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Thanks for that tomtom. The Vibram sole was something I thought about myself and I have looked into. Most of the sites I have check out all do in German one or two US and Aussie ones have mentioned that the sole is made by Vibram to Meindl's specs I have contact them direct on this and am await a reply.

The store I saw them in have a policy of full cash back after a week of wearing them around the house so long as they have not be worn outside extensively and spoilt so to speak. The high leg didn't seem an issue in the ten minutes (yes ten minutes) I spent walking around the shop floor as the boots make up was quite flexable and they are not as high as they look on the link. I had also being wearing my cats (which quite heavy) all day around town so my feet were well warm when I tried them.

Thanks for the comments keep them coming :wave:
James

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I have a pair of Meindl boots (don't think they're the same model though)
I reckon they're ggggggreat - oops sorry wrong advert. :wink:

I like them alot, they're comfortable, lightwieght and wearable all day. Well worth it.

Cheers

Mark

Edi_M

My wife has a pair of meindl boots & she loves them to bits. I can't comment myself, I'm obviously going to be biased, but the only negative thing she has had to say about them was when she was trying them on for the first time : "Feels like they're munching my toes". That was middle of last year. She certainly never complains about sore, or wet, feet.

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
I also recently bought a pair of Meindl boots (again, not the same model as the one you were looking at). They're the most comfy boots I've had since my old Line7's, and I've worn them for up to 16 hours a day with no problems.

I suffer from heel spurs (flat feet = sore soles/heels), and have no problems using the Meindl boots with a double strike sorbothane insole.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Wasn't it one of Terry Pratchetts characters in 'Guards! Guards!' that said

"you can spend $5.00 on a pair of boots that will last a year, give you blisters and leak. Or you can spend $50.00 on a pair of boots that will last you 10 years and be comfortable and warm too !!"

There's a lesson in there somewhere I think :wink:

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
One I have learnt the hard way MD and so the change. I am back to the store tomorrow so I'm going to try one or two other models and brands just for comparison either way it's new pair of boots for me.

Thanks all for the recommandations and advice. As helpful as ever :You_Rock_

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE