Your 'ONE' thing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
This is a bit of a cut down version of Julia's thread here but a little more personalised...

What's the one thing that you're going to focus on in 2016? I know that we like to do all sorts of things but if there's one thing that you're really going to go all out to do or master what is it?

I'm trying to decide on it for myself, that one thing that I'd like to be better at or know more about...How about you?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Pottery.

I'm going to spend time with a really good teacher, and I'm going to use the clay from our own garden and see if I can't manage to make decent pots :D

I've done some, and they've lasted for years, but I used commercially produced clays. I want a set that I can use reliably in the fire, that I have made myself, from digging it out from the earth, to shaping the pot, to cooking my dinner in it :)

cheers,
Mary

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Enhance my self reliance!!!
From extending my vegetable garden, getting chickens, rabbits and bees (already ordered), having a watersupply and finally get the woodfed kitchenstove into the house!

Reactions: Toddy

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Pottery.

I'm going to spend time with a really good teacher, and I'm going to use the clay from our own garden and see if I can't manage to make decent pots :D

I've done some, and they've lasted for years, but I used commercially produced clays. I want a set that I can use reliably in the fire, that I have made myself, from digging it out from the earth, to shaping the pot, to cooking my dinner in it :)

cheers,
Mary

Pictures of this please!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I would like to get into meat curing. Making bacon, building a cold smoker etc. Its one thing I have only played around the edges of and a skill that is necessary to our aims

General Strike

Forager
May 22, 2013
United Kingdom
I'd like to have a go at primitive arrow making including knapped points! Not sure it has much of a bushcraft application in the UK, but I think it would be fun to do!

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
DSCL2

And free from the oft' crass and prejudiced fuelled debate in the value or otherwise of submitting to such as may be encountered on The Stalking Directory.

I may also submit to Knife Purchasers Anonymous therapy if there's a Branch local to me.

K

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I'm going to go all out on curing bacon, specifically that from Wild Boar; I love the meat and there's no end of it available hereabouts so it makes sense to get proficient in using and storing it in as many ways as possible.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm going to go all out on curing bacon, specifically that from Wild Boar; I love the meat and there's no end of it available hereabouts so it makes sense to get proficient in using and storing it in as many ways as possible.

Are these feral or farmed Mac?

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
Like with Hugh, I'd really love to cobble together a small cold smoker. Not realistic in my current property, but that could change come July.

For now though, i'd like to get some serious carving done on logs (i like wooden bowls :) )

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I'm looking to improve my leatherwork. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll have something resembling the water bottle johntarmac showed me!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Getting back into a working routine is the most important for me. This year has been bad since getting diabetes, kinda sorted that side of it now. So next year i need to go full on at it.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Get my physical fitness back i am sick of my back problems getting in the way of fully enjoying my life and i am convinced full physical fitness and the associated loss of some extra beef from my belly will ease my back problems

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'd like to get back to work. I know it sounds backwards as I'd have less time but having some cash in my pocket would mean I could get away more. No cash & transport means I can't get to places or meets.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE