Your Favourite Item of Equipment..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
If there was one item of your equipment that you would never go without what would it be?
And explain why.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I assume you are not after the obvious useful KNIFE replies. For me it would be a choice between my hammock or swedish trangia, the hammock has to be the comfiest sleep I have ever had and the trangia is used almost daily for brews. But I think the hammock would win, so comfy:)

Goliath

Forager
Jun 19, 2006
Netherlands
Well indeed, one of my knives would be my first choice.

Other than that I'd have no idea what to choose. Maybe one of my backpacks or my therm-a-rest.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
My knife is the obvious, and of course boots, trousers and other items of clothing (can't go anywhere without them :eek: ) but at the moment my Sigg Oval bottle and mug go everywhere with me, so that would be my choice.

ATB....Stu

Raptordog

Aug 22, 2006
swamps of Barnsley
Same has above......... first up would have to be....

DSC00069-1.jpg

Venters knife, this pic was taken when new, now the blade has more of a used character about it, for me , more pleasing to the eye :)

And in second position, though battle scared and worn.......

danners.jpg

These Danner's have been with me 12 years and been put through about has much abuse as imaginable yet still going strong, got a brand new pair still in their box in the bottom of the wardrobe but just haven’t got the heart to retire the good old faithful’s. :)

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I would have to say my knife. Not very original but I hope I could make some of the other things I need with it. The other would be a firesteel probably to make fire.:rolleyes:

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
I'd never go without my DDhammock. Unlike some other hammocks, the DD can be stretched into a tarp for a shelter or used as a ...errr hammock. The double layer means you can get inside it as well. Essentially for me it's shelter/sleep first and everything else next. (Knife and firesteel pretty handy too by the way)

Pablo.

Raptordog

Aug 22, 2006
swamps of Barnsley
Hi Michiel a few more pic's when new.........

DSC00081-1.jpg

DSC00078-1.jpg

DSC00077-1.jpg

DSC00076-1.jpg

DSC00075-1.jpg

The knife was made for me by Greg Ventors. Typical design, with reindeer antler handle, the knife has stood up to everything thrown at it, chopping, general field duties plus it does well at the finer carving cores, very easy to keep a sharp edge with little effort and just the general procedures for taking care of a carbon blade.
Had Greg make me a sheaf that holds the fire steel just to make a more versatile item in one package. :)

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
My favourite piece of kit is probably my US Army improved jungle boots. I've had them for so long that they feel like slippers on my feet. But with all the kit I brought back from Europe that opinion might change.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE