Your best trip or expedition

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Allie

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2008
South west
Alright everyone!

Looking for some ideas for some things to do this summer as a sidenote to this post, but mostly I just thought it would be cool to hear about the best outdoorsy expedition, trip, holiday, excursion, course, tour or jaunt you've all ever been on.

Who wants to go first? :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Anywhere in the world : Bowron Lakes Canoe Circuit, BC Canada.
UK : Loch Shiel canoe trip (made by the stunning weather, 'orrible in the wind and wet)

Scarily I'm the same as Nonsuch really ...

Had a great four weeks exploring the Rockies round Alberta and British Columbia a few years ago, we're just planning another visit for this year hopefully.

The best trip I've done over here was our Loch Sheil trip last year ...
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58046&highlight=sheil

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Mine had to be - South Africa, canoeing the Orange, trekking in the Augrabies Nat Park (sp?), trekking in the Cedarberg Wilderness area, visiting Cape of Good Hope, Table Mountain etc ...a pretty good month!
UK - canoeing the Spey - a great week! - or walking from Lands End to County Durham (aimed for JOG but did my knee in) after playing in the Cairngorms for a few months over the winter, and walking in N Wales, Peaks and S Wales followed by visitting The Hebrides ... a pretty good year (nearly)

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
While not bushcrafty it was an outdoorsy trip / expedition. Went to the 65th anniversary of Operation Market Garden in Arnhem in 2009.
Went with my dad in his WWII jeep in a convoy of 14 other jeeps and 2 trucks (all WWII) from Preston to Oosterbeek (via Hull and the ferry) Spent 5 days there under camping under canvas and going to memorials, museums and to Ginkel Heath then taking part in the parade from the Heath through Oosterbeek and then in to Arnhem. It was the most emotional trip I have ever made. The Dutch people were so nice to us and they way they greeted us amazing. They took great pride in remembering the fallen there from all sides.

If anybody want's to know more I can tell them but wont bore you all with the details.

2009-022-500.jpg
My dad drving and me as passenger.

A lot more pics here.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Jordan - 2005, Ethiopia - 2007, South Africa - 2009 - all incredible experiences, but there really is no place like home, a cliche i know, but it's true

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
I'd have to say 4x4ing across the Egyptian black and white desert last year, literally just before things got a little unsettled. Fantastic time meeting the real locals and hearing them speak honestly and freely.

UK - coast to coast, taking in the best of England

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE