Yippee! heading off for a few days in the morn!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
hi all!

just wanted to share my excitement!

I'm getting away for a few nights tomorrow morning to the Wicklow mountains. This is my first trip since January due to final exams, so I'm over the moon!:D

the down sides Are that SWMBO is unable to come due to work, so this is solo and I'm going to be on a campsite meaning a tent not a tarp (first time in a while! lol) This is due to me wrecking my shoulder while mountain biking/crashing earlier this week, meaning I don't think I could carry my ruck with gear +food and water for the three days for any distance at the mo, certainly not as far as my current campsite. :(

still I hope to use the time to have a few drinks/food around the fire, carve a spoon or two, collect a few types of wood for a few projects, take a few pics and maybe a little foraging or having a bash at nettle cordage.:campfire:

anyone has any suggestions for simple projects (that i won't have to explain/justify-not-crazy to surrounding families) in the next twelve hours that would be great..

If not, see ya all in a few days!

Regards,
Stephen

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Time spent outside is time well spent.

Spoon carving is obvious and is almost mainstream if you call it whittling, so long as no-one objects to the knives. If you have the knowledge then engage in a bit of wild foraging. Paracord weaving too, or try this (it is surprisingly simple) http://www.hedgehogleatherworks.com/How-To-Make-Cordage-Baskets-Wilderness-Survival-s/55.htm
That last will come in handy if you find yourself tent-bound by some precipitation :rolleyes:

Above all, have fun.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Bit late for this trip, you're probably on the campsite as I type this, but as well as carving the spoon, you could have a go at a net making needle and gauge, as a slightly different carving project.

Julia

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE