Yer' old friend the lean-to winter tarp shelter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tom Gold

Forager
Nov 2, 2012
Scotland
www.thetreeline.co.uk
There's a wee corner of the local forest where my friends at the Forestry Commission have been doing some chain-saw training. The whole area is a mess since they've left all the timber as it was felled making the area semi impenetrable. The back part of the site is not visable from the trail and what with the abundance of building material is an ideal spot for 'timber heavy' shelter building.

Have been horrified recently by one or two Brit bushcrafters on youtube who use a tremendous amount of wood which they fell specifically for building. My own feeling is if you cant find it hanging from the branches or lying on the ground you're in the wrong place!

Anyway, here's how I got on the other day/night

lean2front_picmonkeyed_picmonkeyed.jpg

file0071.jpg

lean2title-1.jpg
view

Last edited:

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
Totally agree with you on using as little as possible from the enviroment.

Sweden.jpg

Tarping on an island in a Swedish lake. Enviroment is not harmed and no trace left.
Riven.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's a fine camp and great pictures of it; and I agree, if it's not about without cutting loads of stuff down you're definitely in the wrong place in more ways than one :)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Great stuff. I never understand why people feel the need to destroy masses of wood when engaging in what is supposed to be a low-impact hobby.

That is a wonderful camp you have there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE