ye olde avon 'n zummerzet "group to be"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
I'm at Binegar and really a camper rather than a bushcrafter, and will struggle to find any time for this, but would still be interested in trying to join in.

Graham

C

craigsalter

Hi I am based in Taunton. I would definately like to be part of a zummerzet and avon (and anywhere else that can get to us) club. I hope you get this thing off the ground.

C

craigsalter

Woodland that you have permission to use for bushcraft, Jay you could be my new best friend! Let me know if you decided you want company at any time :)

(Lazy - Just copied this from another thread I subscribed to)

Hi everyone. I'm in North East Somerset (was Avon) on the edge of Radstock. Great walks through the Wellow and Cam valleys. There are some interesting batches (slag heaps) which have been planted up with trees (some quite established now) so it's a great place for bimbles and dog walks through the woods, farmland and rough fields. The wildlife is fantastic too. I'm part of the "Owl & Raptor" sub-group of the local wildlife group.

The canoeing round here is good too: The Frome, Avon and Kennet & Avon Canal are near by. I am also a 20 minute drive from the Mendips where I do quite a bit of walking.

I'll be up for any meets, canoeing or workshops in the South West. If thers is anything interesting happening, I'm happy to help with lift sharing with my pickup truck. AKA "The Green Goddess".

Look forward to it..............hc

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
Its 2 lots of 4-5 acres mainly oak with birch and a bit of hazle. the First wood has been cleared the second has been left to grow wild. Its out near Glanvils Wooton. Where abouts are you from Jay? Im from Templecombe. Use to run trackdays down at haynes in Sparkford.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
I'm from Sparkford.
I'd say the woods i have access to is about 6 acres... bout 100 metres wide but a good 600 - 800 metres long. Decent enough size for a few of us...

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
So it sounds like theres plenty of us who want to get together and places to meet, now whos going to set a time and place to meet up...??? Glastonburys been mentioned, Anyone know a place we can meet there?

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
okies bassworx, if you want it... ;)

i've mentioned to some that i am away for the remainder of this week through the weekend.. the weekend after is valentines so i guess we should miss that off the calendar for fear of a slow painful death at the hands of our SWMBO......

can i propose a pub based meet so we can check each other out a little before committing ourself to spending nights outdoors with potential axe wielding psychopaths and make sure we are all just axe wielding!!!!

as its pretty central zummerzet, can i propose that we have an initial meet for a beer and a pie (if they do them? if not, crisps!) at:

George Hotel and Pilgrims' Inn at Glastonbury 8pm friday 19th Feb
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/32/32715/George_and_Pilgrim/Glastonbury
066b1ebb88298f52c83ce129a4bcdb1b.jpg

please add name to list if coming....

Jon(ajuna)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE