1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you believe it!

Discussion in 'Lovely Grub' started by Zingmo, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Zingmo

Zingmo Eardstapa

My neighbour asked me if I knew how to get rid of toadstools. "Eh?" says I. He continued to describe how he had had a load of bark chippings put down in part of his garden and that now toadstools were coming up all over the place. He had been spraying them with weedkillers of various sorts. So I asked if I could come round and have a look. (Eldest daughter appears at my elbow with my collins gem guide.)

"Have you ever seen anything like these before?" He asks. "Yes, in expensive restaurants!" The whole bark area was dotted with morels!

Z

2. _scorpio_

_scorpio_ Need to contact Admin...

morels covered in weed-killer. tasty!

3. Balanophage

Balanophage Member

That's weird - that's the second time I've heard of this happening. A friend's dad was working at Pembury hospital, and saw the same thing. He asked the staff if they minded him taking any, and they say "No, take the whole lot, we don't like the look of them"! Fortunately they hadn't been sprayed with anything...

4. Zingmo

Zingmo Eardstapa

Wifey suggested clearing all the ones he had sprayed and waiting to see if more appear. Sadly I think it has been just too dry.

Z

5. lannyman8

lannyman8 Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

get some water down each day and see what happens, offer him £5 for doing it for you.....;)