working knives does anyone have them

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

david1

Nomad
Mar 3, 2006
sussex
on here we see lovely pictures of new knives some even years old and still like new.
now I only need a folder I carry it everyday been used to open tin cans, windows and even cutting up sticks. it gets sharped when its blunt, sometimes with a steel or if its really bad a stone. when I sharpen it its not sharp till it will shave the hairs on my arms

so can we have some pictures of your working knives not the pretty show ones please :)

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
this lovely set are always out with me, fishing or camping, either on the belt or in the bag.

piggy back 2.jpg

piggy back 1.jpg

and this is in my pocket every day.

SAK 1.jpg

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A few are like that :eek:.

You know how it is around the homestead though - slicing sacks, prying boards, scraping putty, taking lids of paint, pruning sappy trees, cleaning up beehive components (with a roofing torch as you can see at the chisel end) and on and on.

I have a mora I sharpen on a grinder too:aargh4:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
You want me to upset you?

Remember this beauty?

PFK in Sheath by British Red, on Flickr

Look at it now :(

PFK Now by British Red, on Flickr

I do... who did the sheath for it again?

Aside from my original Gene Ingram that will stay with me until I take a dirt nap, I seem to sell-on knives before they move from used to very used condition. kudos to you for getting yours dirty though, that would have been a lot of peoples drawer queen.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It was a guy Sty Mitchell knows - I don't think he's on the internet sadly - he does lovely work! I do use that knife, but I caught myself trimming mastic with it one day which was wrong hence the Bahco (those thick chisel ended wrecking knives are actually very handy for a working knife). I use a couple of longer ones working on veg as well

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
i'm after something a little more exotic in a sheath to suit a new purchase... alas singtech has not been heard from in years so i'm on the hunt for a one-off.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE