1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

Words under Name

Discussion in 'How do I?' started by shep, Jun 8, 2007.

1. shep

shep Maker

Under my name where it says 'member' 'active member', how do I change those to say somthing more interesting? I've seen phrases like 'boy have I got a lot to say' etc.

2. andyn

andyn Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)

This is another topic that gets asked a lot...can't one of the mods sticky some of these more popular questions?

Its all to do with Ranks.

As you post and contribute more the rank on the second line will change.

The first line will either also display a rank, or if you have subscribed to any of the membership options, then it will display that instead.

You cant amend them yourself to say anything else.

3. Ahjno

Ahjno Vice-Adminral
    Admin

In short, you can't change it.
    'Member' - is because you aren't a Full Member (that's a member who paid a subscription).
    'Active member' - is related to the amount of posts you made on the forum. The more posts you got - the higher you get (native, tenderfoot, bushcrafter, etc.).

HTH

EDIT:
    Andy beat me to it ... :(
    I agree with Andy regarding making a sticky thread with this sort of info, I'll be happy enough to write one somewhere next week after my exams have ended :D