Wool jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
Hi Guys and Girls a few weeks ago I asked for some advice on sewing and recived some very helpful answers. Well I went away and thought about it and came up with this.
Tunic1.jpg

The first layer
tunic2.jpg

Second layer
tunic3.jpg

This is the third layer with a half length sleeve.

I can not take the credit for this as the idea came from a thread on BCUSA. If anyone out there is thinking of having a go then I would say give it a go its a lot easier than it looks.
Thanks for looking Mark

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
That looks versatile and cozy - just the job for a Feb meet in the cold wet Welsh countryside!
I want to see it in action!

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
Thanks for the comments guys , Its quite a soft blanket so its not too itchy. I made it with plenty of room so its not restrictive I hope, I had a Swanni before and found that to be quite tight in the sleeve thats why the outer layer only has sleeves to the elbow.
I hope to see you guys at the Feb meet John.

Thanks Mark

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
Hi Dread as far as I can tell its a UK mil issue from the mid 80's 100% wool. They are not the thickest but not bad and not too scratchy.

Thanks Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE