1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Woodland close to Halifax...

Discussion in 'England North' started by Leone_blanco, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Leone_blanco

Leone_blanco Member

Hi all, I've been trying, without success to find some quiet woodland in the area of Halifax. Do any of you have any experience/ suggestions? I can drive to the woods as long as there is a safe place to park overnight reasonably close by. It's disappointing to see that woodlands are practically non existent in the area and those that are prove to be over used by rubbish dumping dog walkers. I'm gradually extending my circle of exploration but pointers would be most welcome.

2. bigbear

bigbear Full Member

I think you migt find that filk are reluctant to just post a location where they areablw to camp low profile for anyone to see. Not trying to be difficult, its just that if one knew of such a place one might keep it quiet.

3. Big G

Big G Full Member

Yorkshire dales and the peak district.. not far from you.. lovely locations for a wild camp :)

4. bilmo-p5

bilmo-p5 Maker Plus

I haven't been there yet but this place in Keighley might be worth a investigating. It's a site, but looks promising.