Wood season - Sussex

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Hiya,

Whilst camping in Blackberry woods for the weekend I found this 52 page booklet crammed with woodland related events this autumn in Sussex.

Wood Season - Autumn 2005

I'm going to be very busy!!! I realise that this might not be of interest to people that don't live in or near Sussex, but it might be worth looking on your local councils website for similar events.

Martin

richardw

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2005
Kent
Hi Martin,

I'm going to the Weald Wood Fair at the end of the month at Bentley Wildfowl & Motor Museum. Never miss it and this will be the 10 year anniversary and possibly the last one. A great day if you are interested in the woods and traditional crafts.

Incidentally they give out this colour brochure with all the upcoming events in at the Fair.

Richard

richardw

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2005
Kent
shinobi said:
Hmm, sorry about that Andy. I've fixed it now. Some how, a rogue "gap" appeared in the url. :rolleyes:

Richard, I'm going to the woodfair on the Saturday. What day are you going on?

Martin

I'm having the day off work on the Friday to go. However, as it's probably the last one, I may well return on the Saturday. If so perhaps we could meet up?

Richard

richardw

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2005
Kent
shinobi said:
Yup, sounds like a plan to me!! there should be a couple of others popping in as well. As I've not been before, could you suggest a good meet-up place?

martin

Roger Harrington of Bison Bushcraft always has a stand there so maybe we could all meeet up there at a given time. The only danger is that I always end up buying something from him!

Failing that (and if the weather is bad) there is a marquee selling fruit, apple juice etc...

If we set a specific time and place it would be great for me to put faces to names.

Richard

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
I'm up for it if I can just find a suitable camp site, as Blackberry is full - Waiting to hear back from St Ives farm - the owner has gone out to check if hammocks can be put up!

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Finally found a nearby camp site - St Ives Farm in Hartfield. The owner had never thought of using hammocks :rolleyes: but once he looked he seemed to think there were spots that could be used and a good local firewood supplier to boot! So anyone who's going - see you at Bison Bushcraft stand at Noon. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE