Wolpertinger

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
I can vouch for how dangerous they are!!! As kids we lived in constant fear of them. Apparently they have now been seen as far North as the Bavarian forest which begins north of the Danube!!
Weißwurst, ehh, err...sorry Erbswurst, I believe the correct Bavarian spelling is Woipadinga!!!

Reactions: Erbswurst

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
ha ha, I just saw this thread and thought 'what on earth is a Wolpertinger' so came and had a look, glad I did, I wonder what the British equivalent would be, they're alike a gargoyle Gremlin combo with a bit of mutation thrown in.... goodjob

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
I can vouch for how dangerous they are!!! As kids we lived in constant fear of them. Apparently they have now been seen as far North as the Bavarian forest which begins north of the Danube!!
Weißwurst, ehh, err...sorry Erbswurst, I believe the correct Bavarian spelling is Woipadinga!!!

Also called Oibadrischl (in Lower Bavaria), it's a similar beast to the Raurackel or Rasselbock and the Jackalope.

The French have a totally inoffensive and elusive creature called the dahu; so inoffensive that children are sent out to try to catch it.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
ha ha, I just saw this thread and thought 'what on earth is a Wolpertinger' so came and had a look, glad I did, I wonder what the British equivalent would be, they're alike a gargoyle Gremlin combo with a bit of mutation thrown in.... goodjob

Unfortunately Tony, the English tribe hasn't yet culturally caught up to have such a terrible beast. The Scots however, have the similarly dangerous "wild haggis" and the Welsh at least have a dragon. :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Unfortunately Tony, the English tribe hasn't yet culturally caught up to have such a terrible beast. The Scots however, have the similarly dangerous "wild haggis" and the Welsh at least have a dragon. :)

I think we used to, the wee beasties were taken out by Holy Hand Grenades years ago...

Reactions: Sundowner

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE