Witco or Rottefella Snow Shovel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Yep.....I know its summer....but you might want this when it comes to planning this winter....

I was in Endicotts today and was rooting around for more kit when Kev showed me these wonderful aluminium snow shovels made in Norway with detachable wooden handles. Very well built but really light and you could even ditch the handle and just go with the shovel bit and source some wood in the area you are going (if it has wood that is!). The handle is pressure fit so would fit a whittled branch for instance. To me it looks a light (but heavy duty) winter back-country accessory for making snow shelters (or as an emergency paddle!) or part of your winter vehicle pack.

I was amazed at the quality. Kev said he was going on a shopping trip next week or so and could pick up more if there was interest. probably £8-10 plus p&p each. They can't weigh much.

Here are some piccies and a review from 1979 (when they cost $25 which is nearly $80 in todays coinage.....) http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=witco snow shovel&f=false. I believe the Witcos are not around any more but the Rottefella is a company that still operated and still produces this shovel (in red with a t-bar end). Can't find a modern price for it though.

Anyone interested in one?

IMGP71641.jpg

IMGP71631.jpg

IMGP7167.jpg

IMGP7166.jpg

IMGP7165.jpg

IMGP7163.jpg

Last edited:

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Very much so -probably take a few. I may pick some up from Kev in the mean time

He only had two samples (Witco and a Rottefella) and I got one put aside for me :) He is going next week to see someone for some stock and I asked if he is doing that to bring some back if I could get an idea of numbers for him to guage interest.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE