Windshields

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
I had bought an ally windshield from ebay for use with meths stoves but it was far too tall to fit in a normal pouch and towered above the stove. I cut it in half after marking straight cut lines in marker with some tin snips then replaced the end ground pegs on the second one (could use the first one from the top half as bought) with some untwisted and snipped coathanger. I have now got two 5" folding screens for 10 minutes work. One in my response pack with Tatonka stove and GSI mug and one in my hexi cooker/pellet tin stove. Well pleased.

GoatBoy666

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2005
West London
I have one of these

http://www.survivaldepot.co.uk/Titanium_Windscreen/p474753_3564981.aspx

after using the hinged type mod'd for many a year.

The Hinged one are fine but as has already been mentioned they need to be cut down.
They also have very sharp edges from new, I have cut my self on it a couple of times. Normally first night of a wild camp, out with the FAK...=)

The Ti one measures in at 500mm x 135mm and only weighs 10gs, oh and packs down tiny.

HTH

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE