Wildlife Binoculars

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Sorry don't know the bins you've linked. Personally I don't find 8x mag. very useful for wildlife observation & much prefer 10x......for hiking & general everyday use I suggest you look at the little 10X25's ....you can stick 'em in a pocket or rucky until you need 'em & not have that weight hanging around your neck as you do with the heavier bins. I've nearly always got a pair of 10 X 25's on me (you never know when you're going to need them) & I don't even know there there. Not as good as the wider lenses in poor light but still usable.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
If your looking for good vision in low light you will need to up your budget. I know it's a well used term but with binos you get what you pay for. I've no affiliation to this company but have had several very good second hand pairs off them and they are always helpful.
http://www.at-infocus.co.uk/usedequipment.html

I use hawke frontier for bird watching but have a small pair of Nikons when I'm out camping. They are small and light and do the job.

--------------------------------------------
"If we had some bacon we could have bacon and eggs, if we had some eggs"

Jun 22, 2010
Farnborough, Hants
I have a second hand pair of Baush and Lomb Elite 10x42 Binoculars for sale. 10 years ago these were the benchmark in binoculars and cost around £1000. I am after slightly more at £90 (plus £5.00 P&P) but the offer is open. I have only recently upgraded hense the sale. They are extremely good in poor light. In good condition minus the Bausch and Lomb badge which came off in the desert. I am a manic naturalist and have been using these for a quarter of my adult life. Quality wise they will be miles ahead of anything for around £50.00Please PM me if you are interested.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
These are a steal snail trail. These are a superb pair of binoculars.

--------------------------------------------
"If we had some bacon we could have bacon and eggs, if we had some eggs"

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I went to the bird watching fair at Rutland water, for one of 2 reasons, one being to look at bino's. I wanted pocket size, & looked at all makes, & all prices, the ones i kept going back to were the steiner wildlife xp's in 8x24, but could'nt bring myself to pay the show asking price(£209).

I kept looking & looking & just got more confused, in the end my good lady put me out of my misery & got me the one's i wanted of amazon for £183, & i'm very happy with them.

Rob

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Hi

Have you tried fleabay??

I managed to 'win' these Zeiss Jenna 8x30 for £25 (ish!), they're superb li'l bins!!
1ZeissJenna.jpg

Carboots are also a good source if you have any local to you!!

Some 'Bootsale' bargains :D

Russian Komz 8x30, these are stunningly clear and only cost me a tenner!!
Ruskiebins1.jpg

Selsi (Japan optics) 10x50 compact, more crystal clear optics but for only £3.50!!;)..
Selsi10x50b.jpg

These were (apparently_ a fair old bargain, I bought them earlier this year from a bootsale local to me for £20, I was told that they would have cost around £200 new :yikes:

Nikon Monarch 8x42..
NikonMonarchtop.jpg

Good luck with your search for some bins :bigok:

Cheers, John :)

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
There are lots of threads on here regarding bino choice if you do a search, but it is no good just looking at a picture or taking someone's recommendation as everbody's eyes are different. The advice that i always give (also given to me) is go to a good retailer and try a few different pairs and find a pair that fit you and not Joe Bloggs, then spend as much as you can afford, as i have learned the hard way that you really do get what you pay for with optics, i am fortunate to own a pair of Swarovski SLC 10X50's, IMHO Swarovski glass is the best money can buy, but when i am hunting, if i can't see it, i can't shoot it.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE